alphabet books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alphabet books

i received the september email newsletter and saw that the cover pictures for the alphabet books had been changed. in reading the description on the website, it says they include 3 letter words to begin introducing simple phonics. the version I have does not include words. have they actually changed yet? is there an update to the lesson plans to go along with this?

(p.s. got the craft book yesterday. looks wonderful! thank you so much!)

Did you have to ask for the craft book or are they coming out to all of the junior k users?

Comment

I did ask but I don't know that I had to. I was just getting antsy.

Comment

We will ship it to everyone who bought the complete curriculum set for JK. I'm hoping to have it from the printer next week.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Hello. I think the Alphabet Books have always included words for practice. I don't remember a version that was drastically different from the one we have now. Does your book not have exercises where students have to find the beginning (or ending) sounds in words? I think that is all this is referring to. We aren't teaching students 3-letter words here. That begins in First Start Reading. The Alphabet Books focus on letter recognition, writing the letters, and recognition of some initial and ending sounds.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

ok. yeah, my books do beginning & ending sounds relative to pictures with letters to circle beneath. the website for the books specifically mentions 3 letter words on the alphabet books so I thought something had changed. maybe the description isn't quite right? By the description I would expect 3 letter words spelled out to see.
            http://www.memoriapress.com/descriptions/alphabet-book.html

Comment

Yes, we need to adjust that description. We are working on all of our descriptions because we are getting ready to launch a new website.

Thanks,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
              X