4th grade literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th grade literature

My daughter is reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I love the discussion questions-- I just don't know all the answers!! The teacher guide provides a few, but not all. For example, I would LOVE to know the Christian symbolism in the book (Ch 2 question 2) and share it with her. I'd love to know the following: (Ch 3)1. Why do you think the author always tells us about the wardrobe when the children enter Narnia? (Ch 4) 1. In terms of Christian allegory, in which one thing represents another, what do you think each of the following represents? *the Queen of Narnia *Turkish Delight. And so on... I know that the teachers at Highlands have no problem with this having strong backgrounds in Christianity and literature. For those of us who do not, (ahem- moi), it is not so easy. Any "cheat sheets" available- or does anyone want to share their thoughts on these? Maybe I can ask here as we go along and others could chime in?
    thank you!
    Mollie

Hello.

The answers to the discussion questions are at the beginning of the Appendix in the Teacher Manual (p. 48). If you don't have them in yours, you must have an old edition that we'll be glad to replace.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Ok! That makes sense! Thank you- sorry for the panic

Comment

Working...
      X