K Supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K Supplement

Hello! I am wondering if the K supplement is ready? I have begun school already and am anxiously awaiting word. Also, can you list the contents of the supplement? I'd love to see a sample, but a simple list would be OK, too.
    DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 12 yrs, currently attending a classical school which would give HLS a run for its money.

All homeschooled.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling. Ahhh....

Jen, can you explain what supplement you are talking about? I'm curious too now. We started K last week.
    Blair

Mom to 6 sweet girls and finally a boy!
    SB - 9 - starting MP 5M
    A - 7 - starting MP 3rd
    M - 5 - starting MP 1st
    F & SG - 4 year old identical twinners
    CJ - a rascally, busy 2 year old
    GH - 4/17/2017, much adored, baby brother!

Comment

I've been thinking that I used the wrong term in the title of my post.

Maybe I should have said "Kindergarten Enrichment" program.

It's my understanding that MP is getting near to putting out an "enrichment" syllabus that contains the music, art, and read aloud schedule, but I am asking Tanya (or maybe Paul) to clarify what else might be in the syllabus. At a minimum, it will contain a more fleshed out set of questions for the weekly read alouds.

Frankly, this type of product would be a Godsend for me. My K'er is all over the place with the 3 R's such that the MP K leveled curriculum set is just "off" for him. However, all the *other* stuff in the syllabus looks so wonderful and just right for him (and me). So, I'd love some clarification as to WHEN the syllabus will be ready (we've already begun our year) and WHAT exactly will be in the plans.
      DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 12 yrs, currently attending a classical school which would give HLS a run for its money.

All homeschooled.

Comment

Well, I'm not Tanya or Paul, but I'll try to help! As far as what is covered, the enrichment guide will go along with the read-aloud books, art, music, science, etc. that are listed in the Kindergarten Curriculum Manual.

As for how the guide is structured, I am posting a sample of the book with this post. Please note that it is still being formatted and proofed, but you can see what sort of content is included and how it will be structured.

In terms of when the guide will be ready, we are hoping for October. We still have to format and proof, as I said.

Jen, since you've already started school, you could use the Kindergarten Curriculum Manual in the meantime. It has a list of everything that will be covered in the enrichment guide, and includes the science and social studies activities as well.

I hope this helps!
        Attached Files
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Michael, it's perfect. JUST what I was wanting.

Unfortunately, I don't own the K manual since it's focused on the 3 R's (as it should be), so I'll have to wait. Maybe Tanya will shoot me some early pages so we can begin a little before the official release?

Jen

All homeschooled.

Comment

We do sell lesson plans individually, so you could purchase the plans for "Literature & Enrichment." They are $3.00 to cover the cost of printing, but the cheapest international shipping option is $13.95, so I don't know if that's something you'd be interested in.
            Michael
            Memoria Press

Comment

Oh, how wonderful! Is there anything like that planned for 1st and 2nd grade anytime soon?

Comment

Yes. Our goal is to do 1st grade this winter and 2nd grade next summer.
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

Enrichment guide availability

I would love to buy a copy of the enrichment guide. Is there a way to receive a notification when it is available, or should I just check the website in October?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello.

We will post it on our website when it is available, and we will feature it in our monthly e-blast. We will also announce it on Twitter and Facebook, so there are loads of ways to find it when it comes out.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

I would have LOVED that last year, for K! Will the first grade be ready for use this year?
                      Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
                      DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
                      DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
                      DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
                      DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
                      DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Dianna,

First will be ready if we have a nice, productive fall. My goal is to have it by Christmas, but I don't always meet my goals!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                        X