Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diploma Program?

Hello,

Thank you for the email. This service is only for Online Academy students; I'm sorry for the confusion!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Mr. Schaeffer,

That sounds like excellent news! I won't hold you to a date but can I be hopeful if my daughter is in 6th grade ??

I would plan on using some of the online classes and there would be other subjects I would be comfortable enough doing on my own such as history and religion.

Thank you!
      Last edited by Benedictine15; 02-08-2016, 03:08 PM. Reason: Punctuation
      PAX,
      Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
      ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
      dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
      dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
        Wow. I can't believe our first target for the release of a homeschool program under the Classical Latin School Association was the school year of 2013. Ouch. I do apologize that it has taken us a long time.

However, we do still have plans to offer that but we are making sure our school program is solid before moving on to a homeschool program. As the plans stand now it will be in the vein of what you are looking for--it will give support for the Classical Core Curriculum but you as the parent would be doing the teaching. I believe the MP Online Academy's diploma program will be released before ours. I hesitate to give a date since my last estimate was way off!

The difference between the two would be the Online Academy would give you all the support a school would--live teaching, grading, etc, whereas the CLSA program would be more about quarterly or semester reports and you would get our stamp of approval (more of an umbrella program).

So I ask for your patience once again. We are working as quickly as we can and this is something we definitely want to do.

Paul
        So, did you ever read the through a thread a second time and realize you completely glazed over a post (or just plain misunderstood)? I don't remember reading this...but now that I have...LOL!

Mr. Schaeffer...

Are there any updates to what you are working toward...the CLSA as an umbrella program? Just thought I would bump this up for anyone else who was following...which looks like quite a few from the above posts.

Thank you for your time.
        Last edited by Benedictine15; 04-09-2016, 08:21 AM.
        PAX,
        Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Theresa,
          Oh I so wish we could make great leaps of progress in two months. But we haven't. Fear not, this is on our to-do list, but we want to make sure we get it right when we do it.

Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
            Theresa,
            Oh I so wish we could make great leaps of progress in two months. But we haven't. Fear not, this is on our to-do list, but we want to make sure we get it right when we do it.

Paul
            Oh...it has been only two months...mea culpa! I need to stay off the forum a bit since my brain is getting clogged as of late LOL!
            PAX,
            Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

Comment

Working...
            X