Lesson Order of R&S English in Grade 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson Order of R&S English in Grade 5

I have just started going through the lesson plans and making preparations for next year. I was wondering if someone could explain the reasoning behind the order of the lessons in Curriculum Guide 5 for R&S English. I'm sure there is a reason they are studied out of order, and I'd just like to know what it is. Thank you.

Hello.

We did have a reason for studying math in grade 5 out of order, and it was that we liked the thought of doing all of one concept together. But, we have studied the math book this winter, and we see why R&S put the chapters in the order that they did, so now we are going to rewrite the lesson plans to go directly through the math book in the order R&S chose. This will make everything easier, including being able to use the tests just as they are written. We will have this project completed by the end of summer, so if you want to check with us around the first of Aug., we may be ready to send you a new curriculum guide with math reworked.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Is it the Math book that is studied out of order, the English book, or both?
      Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
      DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
      DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
      DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

Comment

Well, really they are both studied out of order right now, but we will continue to use the English book out of order. We like to cover punctuation, capitalization, etc. first thing every year because it reminds students of our expectations! Then, we move into the analytical grammar and study that in order.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thank you so much, Tanya. I knew there had to be a reason. I'm using a different math program, so if the math update is the only change, I'll be fine with the current guide.

Comment

Working...
          X