Literature selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literature selection

I am planning on using 2nd and 4th grade packages next year.

I plan on replacing First Form Latin, in the 4th package, with Prima Latina, and teaching them together.

My son, 12, who will be doing the 4th grade package (with Rod and Staff Math 6, spelling 6), is not that great of a reader, would really benefit from more focus in correct sentence building skills. I plan to also get him to do the copywork (at least some) that is done in the 2nd grade package.

Would it be OK to combine them in 2nd grade literature too? or would we be missing something in the guides that he needs?

Hello.

I think you need to place your son with literature that is on his reading level, but not below it. Our literature guides assume that the students are reading the novels independently. So, if he is not ready to read the 6th grade novels we chose, I'd back it up until you reach novels that are on his reading level, but not below it. Our study guides all work on good sentence writing, so regardless of which novels you choose, he will get plenty of work with writing good sentences.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
    X