Transition from Forms to Henle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transition from Forms to Henle

My son will be in 8th grade this fall. He has completed 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd Form Latin. I would like to transition to Henle. I see that MP has 3 study guides to go with first year Henle.
    Does each study guide take 30 weeks? What is the best way to transition to Henle with his experience? I do think he would benefit from a thorough study, but I don't want to spend 3 years on Henle book 1.

Thanks,
    Cathy

Hi, Cathy.

High school students should be able to get through the first 2 Henle study guides in one year and complete the 3rd guide in the second year. But this is for students new to Latin. For your son, who has had 3 years of the Forms, it shouldn't take 2 years to get through Henle I. In fact, we are tying Fourth Form Latin to Henle I, incorporating the exercises from Henle that students need to complete in our Fourth Form workbook. Then, after this year, students will be ready to move directly into Henle II. So, you might want to consider doing that.

The only problem is that Fourth Form isn't ready, so if you want to start before fall, you may have to transition on into Henle.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thanks, Tanya. So I guess the next question is... when do you expect the Fourth Form to be out?

Cathy

Comment

Cathy,

My name is Michael and I am working with Cheryl on Fourth Form, so I thought I'd jump in to give you an idea of where we are. Currently, we have almost completed Unit 1 and are about halfway through Unit 2. We also have the parts of Units 3-5 as well. I believe we will have Units 1-2 ready for the fall. Units 3-5 are too early in the draft stage to say when they will be ready, but we are hoping for shortly after Units 1-2. Check back with us around the end of July and we can give you another, more precise update then.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Will Fourth Form then be released in stages or available as separate units then for those who need it? I was also a bit confused about what books would be needed for 4th Form. Will it be its own all-inclusive text or will the Henle book/course materials be needed as well?
          The Homeschool Grads:
          J- 6/96
          S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
          G- 4/04
          D- 5/05
          F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
          M- 9/16

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate all the hard work you folks at MP are doing to help in our homeschooling!

Cathy

Comment

Enigma,

Fourth Form will be available in stages for those who need it. As for what texts will be required in addition to Fourth Form, only the Henle I student book. You will not need the Henle grammar or answer key. Fourth Form will included everything you would need from those two books.
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
              X