Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here...trying to decide between Classical Writing and Classical Composition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Theresa,

We have used Intro to Composition along with Lit Guides. I was trying to keep up with the pace of the 3rd grade lesson plans with regard to the Lit. Guides, but I finally decided to slow it down. I have my dd do all the written work (vocab, questions, etc.) independently, which takes longer. (The lit. guides outline a plan for a teacher to do most of the work with the whole class together, but I can't take that much time without neglecting my younger children.) We finished the Farmer Boy Lit Guide, but for Charlotte's Web, I just had my dd read the book and do the composition exercises so that we could catch up with the lesson plans, and also because Charlotte's Web is a family favorite, so she knows the story well. Now we're caught up and we just started the lit. guide for The Moffats, so we'll see if dd can keep pace with the lit. guide and the composition assignments. So far The Moffats Lit Guide seems to be a little bit easier (less writing) than Farmer Boy. FWIW, although my dd is a good writer, she is a very slow worker. Any assignment that involves a lot of writing takes her a long time.

Hope this helps.
    Sue

Comment

Hi Sue,

Yes...that was helpful. I am new to MP so I didn't purchase the lit guides for this year but just received the Intro to Composition. We are currently reading *Farmer Boy*. I am thinking I may do one of the literature readings with the lit guide over the summer.

Thanks for your time.
      Blessings,
      Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

What does WWE, IEW, and TWSS mean?

Comment

Writing With Ease, Institute for Excellence in Writing, and Teaching Writing: Style and Structure which is also IEW.
          Blessings,
          Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Working...
          X