Looking to 5th grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to 5th grade

Next year dd will be in 5th grade and I'm planning on using the 5th grade curriculum plans for much of her studies. I've looked at the sample that is up and saw that R&S is still listed. Will the Grammar and Comp section be changed to schedule Classical Comp: Narrative and MP's English Grammar program before the fall? Also, will the poetry book be scheduled in as well? What about the Greek alphabet book? These are all things I'm excited about using!

Also, I just recently got the poetry book and I think I remember you saying that some of the upper level poems were not in there yet. My dd picked it up the other day and would like to get started. Do you know which of the poems are intended for 3rd and 4th graders? We'll just start at the beginning but I'm not sure how far to go so I'm not overlapping with what may be scheduled in future curriculum plans. And I was thinking one poem a week for maybe 30 minutes or so by the looks of it?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

-Heather

By the way, we're loving First Form, CC Fable, the Insects set, Storytime Treasures and the First grade plans! Looking forward to art and music cards/CD/helps for the younger plans!
    Orthodox Momma to 6

2020-2021
    DD18: Hillsdale College
    DS16, DD13, DS9, DD4: Highlands Latin Stillwater Cottage School
    DD2: tagging along

Using & Loving MP since 2009!

Hi, Heather.

We will have the Narrative Stage in the lesson plans by fall. I'm not sure if the Greek Alphabet will be in the 5th or 6th grade plans, but either way, you'll be able to get them from us if you want to go ahead and begin Greek in 5th. I'm hoping we can get the 5th grade grammar program written this summer too. If not, we'll keep using R&S grammar, but keep your fingers crossed!

Poetry is also on my summer list, and I feel like we'll get it completed. The poems in the book right now that are exclusive to 5th-6th grades are: The Lady of Shalott, Columbus, The Bare-Footed Friar, Time You Old Gypsy Man, and Paul Revere's Ride. You are safe to complete everything else now. I'm glad your daughter is excited about poetry!

You have listed quite a few things that are on my summer teacher list, so I hope we have a productive summer! I do have quite a few teachers coming over to write this summer, and there is plenty to do. If you want to check with us in the middle of the summer, I can let you know what kind of progress we've made!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,

Once again, thanks for your help and your prompt reply. That is very helpful. Now I know I can stop worrying about planning until the summer!
      Orthodox Momma to 6

2020-2021
      DD18: Hillsdale College
      DS16, DD13, DS9, DD4: Highlands Latin Stillwater Cottage School
      DD2: tagging along

Using & Loving MP since 2009!

Comment

Working...
      X