PDF materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF materials

I'm interested in putting as much of my kids school work next year onto an Ipad and wanted to know what products you had available to sell as pdf files, rather than hard copies. Is this something you would consider providing? Some curricula companies do sell pdf versions of their materials so I wondered if you might offer it as well.

I've used your literature study guides, some Kindergarten materials, and next year I am considering using First Form Latin.

Thanks!

Hi, Michelle.

We are working on entering the e-book market, but we are going into it reluctantly. We are all book-lovers here (did you read Martin's article in the e-blast that just went out?), but we do have some young people working here that are pushing us into it! I've been told by Paul Schaeffer that it's a generational thing and that I'm just old or I'd love e-books!

But, Paul is working hard to get us into this market. We are planning for our first e-book to be Butler's translation of the Iliad and Odyssey along with the study guides that go with that book. We'll see how that goes for us, and then we'll move forward from there. I'm not sure what is involved, but keep checking our website, and one day you'll see that we've moved into the 21st century - kicking and screaming!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,

I was where you are a few years ago, and just recently began reading ebooks. I love books too and don't want to see a world without them. My twin boys just did their math this week on the Ipad and love it. They are doing more than the assigned pages. I know this enthusiasm may wear off, but if I can put more subjects on the Ipad, then I save space, paper, and streamline our homescool day. We end up in the car quite a bit in the afternoons and sometimes mornings so having our school work in an Ipad would be great for doing school while on the go.

Plus, I think by teaching our children how to wisely use technology while they are at home, then they will not miss a beat when they enter college. I didn't even have a computer when I was in college, but now all college students have one.

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to when some things become available that we use. If you ever put your lesson plans for K-6th in pdf form I'll be interested in that as well. I've often been at the library w/o my K lesson plans and wished I had them.

Thanks again!

Michelle

Comment

Tanya,

I hope you don't mind but I copied your response to a thread on the Well Trained Mind. Several of the members there were discussing what curricula were available in electronic forms and I wanted to make them aware that Memoria Press had some products coming.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Comment

No problem! I see my name on the WTM forum all the time.

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Ebooks are a great option for those of us living outside the US as it cuts out shipping costs. I'd be very interested in this development!

Comment

Another vote for pdf materials! The ipad has been a great help with our special needs son. MP materials on the ipad would be like the icing on the cake! It would also be great for when we travel, which is often.

Comment

Okay. We're still working on it! Have you considered coming to our conference in Louisville? We have a new speaker this year who is speaking specifically on classical education with the special needs child.

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

I would be highly interested in the States and Capitals Student workbook as a PDF so I could print it out page by page to put in my daughter's USA notebook. I don't think the pages are perforated to remove from the workbook...
                  Thanks!

Comment

Hi, Jennifer.

I don't have States & Capitals in e-book format yet, but I do have a short-term solution that won't cost you as much as printing the pages. You can take books to office supply stores like Staples, and they will cut the spine off for you at very little cost in one cut. I've even had really thick books cut, and it worked out great.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

I just had my Copybooks chopped at Office Depot. With my teacher's reward card, it was $.66. Without the card, it is $.75.

HTH!
                      The Homeschool Grads:
                      J- 6/96
                      S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                      G- 4/04
                      D- 5/05
                      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                      M- 9/16

Comment

Well, thank you! I did not know that! That simplifies my decision! I will see about getting our books cut at Staples. (I have a Rewards card, too!)
                        Jennifer

And... Yes, that is cheaper than ink and paper!

Comment

eBooks

Tanya, you may want to check out Apple's new textbook creator. I could see Memoria press really making use of that technology. I'm of the young generation, I'm 28, but have never read an eBook. I like the texture of printed books too much. However, Apple's textbook creator certainly looks amazing giving the ability to embed so much information.

If you need any help researching this, give me a shout. I work IT and love to dig into ways companies can better use technology to further their mission.
                          JP
                          New Home School Dad

Comment

Thanks.

I'll turn this one over to Paul, and he'll let you know if he needs any more info. I can barely turn my Kindle on!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

John Paul,
                              I would love to touch base with you and "pick your brain"! Could you send me an email at paul@memoriapress.com?
                              One of the challenges I have is to find a way to make ebooks that is efficient and yet compatible with most ereaders on the market.

Thanks,
                              Paul
                              Paul Schaeffer
                              --
                              Academy Director
                              Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
                              X