Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art cards?

Hi Tanya,
    Assuming the Kindergarten art cards are ready for next school year, will they be included in the curriculum package or sold separately? Also, do you have an estimate for how much the science resource package is going to cost? Will that package be a necessary part of the curriculum? I'm trying to figure out some budgeting for expected costs...

Blair
    Blair

Mom to 6 sweet girls and finally a boy!
    SB - 9 - starting MP 5M
    A - 7 - starting MP 3rd
    M - 5 - starting MP 1st
    F & SG - 4 year old identical twinners
    CJ - a rascally, busy 2 year old
    GH - 4/17/2017, much adored, baby brother!

Hi, Blair.

I'm hoping that we will just include the art cards as part of the k-package. If they cost an astronomical amount of money to print, we may have to charge for them, but I really hope not. I'm not sure about the science resources yet since we are still unsure what will be in the kit. You really don't have to have these books though. Our kindergarten science is quite easy, and you could do any supplementing that you want to on the internet or with library books. We just thought it would be a nice addition to offer people, but it is truly 'supplemental.'

Tanya

Comment

I used the Christian Liberty Nature Reader currently included for our science. I read about an animal and the kids narrated a sentence or two then drew a picture. We were sad when the book ended so much so that I am buying the next book to use with first grade.
      The Homeschool Grads:
      J- 6/96
      S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
      G- 4/04
      D- 5/05
      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
      M- 9/16

Comment

Christian Liberty Press Nature Readers

The Nature Readers are excellent and we use them daily during reading time. Starting in second grade they have review questions so I'm going to type up what my daughter answers and have her illustrate it. There are like 6 sections or so (can't remember exactly), so she will have six animal reports when we're done. They just read one small section each day. I really, really like them and think they fit perfectly with a classical education. But of course we plan to use MP's science too in 3rd-6th grades. I wish MP had kept them in the packages all the way through but I can understand how that could end up being too much with the other science guides and projects.

Shaina

Comment

Shaina,

I really like the Nature Readers too. In fact, I've got a stock of 1 & 2 here because we originally had them in our packages, but they weren't a perfect fit by grade. I could add them to the science resources though, to be used in 1st & 2nd grades. Then, they wouldn't have to fit perfectly with the read-alouds for any one grade. I'll get them back out and look through them again.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Art Cards-K?

I'm sorry if you've posted this on another thread, but I hadn't seen it, so I'm going to ask: What size are the art cards going to be? A 4''x6'' print, for instance?

Comment

I'm also interested in what size the prints will be as well as if we'll be able to purchase them apart from the whole curriculum? We school year round and I was planning on starting K sometime in July. I don't want to wait until the fall to purchase just because of the art prints, but they would make life easier and I would like to have them.

Comment

The art cards will be 4.25 x 5.5. We are having them printed on a regular sized sheet of paper with 2 cards per sheet.

They will be sold separately from the set, so you can always buy them as a stand-alone product.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                X