American History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American History

We have been doing American history this year and using your 200 Questions book. We also have the Guerber book, which we read aloud altogether (all ages), and the Everything book, which my 9 & 13 year olds read, and we use lots and lots of library books on each kid's level (K-7th grade), some of which we found in your Artner guide. We have been doing history mostly through library books for 8 years now, and the 200 Questions book has been such a phenomenal success here! We read so many library books about each topic, it is sometimes hard to make sure they are remembering the things they "need' to remember. But this format of having questions to quiz them on has made it easy to make sure that they remember the highlights. Once or twice a week, we go through the questions, quotes, and dates that we have studied so far, with me asking and everyone trying to shout out the answer first! My husband got home early one day and was listening to us going through it and was amazed at the things they remembered. The quizzes in the back are also very helpful.

So my question is, will you do something like this for the other historical periods? Pretty please? I see you are coming out with flashcards for the Famous Men books, but will those come with quotes and dates and other events that maybe aren't in the books, and quizzes, or will they be strictly cards, based on the books?

Thanks again.

Hello.

The Famous Men cards do come directly from the drill questions in the back of our Famous Men study guides. They include major character identification, important dates, quotations, events, etc. I'd say they are on the same line as the 200 Questions. If these cards go over well, I will print the 200 Questions as flashcards next.

We have talked about printing 1 book that has all of our questions in it from each time period - a supplemental resource that our teachers could pull from even in the upper school. So, when the kids are reading Homer, the teacher could review with the FMG cards.

Is it something like this that you'd like to see?

Tanya

Comment

[QUOTE

We have talked about printing 1 book that has all of our questions in it from each time period - a supplemental resource that our teachers could pull from even in the upper school. So, when the kids are reading Homer, the teacher could review with the FMG cards.

Is it something like this that you'd like to see?
      [/QUOTE]

YES! This would be wonderful for those of us teaching mulitiples ages!

Please!

Comment

Yes Yes Yes!

Can I pre-order it now?

Comment

Well, you could pre-order the flashcards now, but I'm thinking you'd better wait until we've actually written the other before ordering it! I'm adding it to my summer list. How's that?

Tanya

Comment

Sounds good...I will check back this summer!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X