FSR Book D Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSR Book D Question

I have a pre-beta version (thank you, Tanya) of FSR Book D. What I am finding is I do need teaching plans and K lesson plans that tell me where the pages fit with SRA and Classical Phonics and how to teach these. I am making my guys confused trying to figure it out on my own. Are there any FSR pages for the blends that only use short vowels, too? I really need this as today's lessons were a disaster with my son running off crying in frustration and me feeling like a failure/bad Mommy.
    The Older Boys:
    J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
    S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
    G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
    D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
    F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
    M- 9/16

Hello.

Did you get Book D before I had a teacher manual at all? If so, I need to send you the teacher. I do have it now.

I'm not sure what you mean about blends using short vowels. When I look in my copy, starting in lesson 5 with the blends, it looks like lots of the words are short vowels (ship, shed, shop, path, moth, such, rich, etc.) What am I missing here? Primary isn't my area, so I think I'm misunderstanding your question.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I don't have the lesson plans yet because our teachers haven't gotten this far and have just now gotten Book D themselves. But I'll see if I can find one who will sketch out what she thinks they will be doing.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Some of the excercises in SRA use long vowel words, too. Yes, please send me the teacher manual! Where do I email with my address?
      The Older Boys:
      J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
      S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
      G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
      D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
      F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
      M- 9/16

Comment

Email me at: [email protected] and I'll get this right out to you!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X