Classical Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classical Studies

Next year I will have a 4th and 6th grader who have never studied Greek Myth., Rome, etc. I was hoping to study this together. Should I use the Classical Studies book that incorporates all 3, or do one per year as they do in the elementary grades, or have them study them individually according to their grade? Thank you!

You could read the Greek Myths book over the summer and then put them in their grade level packages in the fall, or put them together. The Famous Men books are for a wide range of grades.

The Dorothy Mills books could be used in middle school/early high school to cover anything missed from the early grade packages.
    2020/2021
    9th grade, 5A, 2nd, K

Comment

Robyn is right! It is easier for you to have them working together in as many subjects as possible, so if you get through Greek mythology this summer as Robyn suggests, you could do one of the Famous Men books next year. I'd suggest starting with Rome. It is the easiest.

The Intro. to Classical Studies is what we used before we had individual guides. It is great if you need a catch-up overview, but your students are young enough that they have plenty of time to get it all in without rushing through it. We prefer them to be able to relax and immerse themselves in an ancient culture, really enjoying it.

If you want to use the Christian studies part of the Intro. to CS, you can do our Christian Studies I, II, or III. They work chronologically through the Bible and are also age-appropriate for both students to be able to work together.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

When you suggest doing the Greeks first do you mean just the mythology or the Famous Men also?

Comment

Hello.

You should do Greek mythology first, and I would wait for Famous Men of Greece until after you have done Rome and the Middle Ages. Greece is the most difficult of these books, and it is good to do it right before reading Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, which you will want to do after studying these Famous Men books.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X