Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geography

Hi Tanya,
    Would you be able to recommend a specific atlas that can be used to locate some of the areas listed under the Fast Facts section of each country such as the landforms and bodies of water.
    My daughter is struggling with the map section of each country in locating the areas mentioned. For example: Iran has the Persian Plateau listed as a landform but she was unable to locate it on any map...even when looking it up on the internet. Any suggestions???
    Thank you!
    Jennifer
    Jenchick

Hi.

We use the Rand McNally Classroom Atlas in our 7th grade world geography class, but I looked at it, and it doesn't list the Persian Plateau. I did find it on Wikipedia (called the Iranian Plateau), and it is on one of the overhead transparencies in the Milliken Map Skills Asia book (called the Plateau of Iran). But I don't have one source that would necessarily have everything on it that's in the Fun Facts. I apologize for the frustration, but we wrote this book from various sources, so everything won't be in one source. I'd just move on if you can't find something quickly. We don't expect the students to map anything other than the countries and their capitals at this point.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thank you Tanya...this helps a great deal!
      Jenchick

Comment

Working...
      X