Preschool curriculum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preschool curriculum?

I've been haunting the boards lately, waiting for an announcement, on the new preK curriculum. Tanya mentioned "mid-September" back in August and it's now mid-September.

Tanya, can you give us an update? I am ready and willing to order!

Jen
    DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M: complete!

All homeschooled.

Ohh...me too! But I have to wait until next July when my baby is 4 yrs old.
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

Comment

Hello.

We do have preschool pretty well under way. We have half of the Alphabet Book and half of the Numbers Book ready to go. And the lesson plans are in pretty good shape. I do have all of the books in stock now. I'm thinking that the lesson plans, Tomie dePaola's Mother Goose, the little prayers book, and Big Thoughts for Little People will be around $140.

Then, there are the literature selections. That package will retail around $400. That is for 34 picture books. The complication is that the lesson plans have questions that are specific to those books, so they are a large part of the core of the preschool program. It would be more difficult to substitute a book than it is in our K-2nd programs. I feel like most of the books could be found at the library, and we are selling the package for those who want to make that kind of an investment into their personal children's libraries.

I am on vacation this week, but I can post the list of books next week, if you'd like.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,

YES!! I am excited to see the preK literature list. *Of course* I can wait until next week. Will practice up on my virtue of patience until you can get to it.

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M: complete!

All homeschooled.

Comment

Preschool Pre-writing Skills

Tanya,

For the preschool program will there be any pre-writing skills like tracing lines and circles? Right now my three and four year olds are using wipe-off books to practice this and my four year old is using Rod and Staff Preschool series to build up his pencil skills so he can start First Start Reading but I wanted to see if this was going to be part of you letter or number books. Of course we also do things like playdoh, coloring, and all sort of other things to build up fine motor skills.

Thanks!

Shaina Seville

Comment

Hi, Shaina.

The Alphabet Book and Numbers Book do have practice with strokes, and the children draw shapes also. But they do move quickly into practicing letter and number formation.

We'll get samples up on our website soon.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Any word on when this will be available for purchase? It sounds perfect for my nearly 5 y.o. who is not quite ready for MP K. Thanks!

Comment

Hello.

It's ready to go in beta format. I'm going to have it added to our website this week. We are calling it Junior Kindergarten, so look for it in a couple of days. I'll have samples of the curriculum manual, Alphabet Book, and Numbers Book up if all goes well!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                X