Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curriculum Changes

Hi Tanya,

You mentioned in a previous post that some of the supplemental readers for the kindergarten curriculum might be changed over the summer.

If the lesson plans will be modified to reflect those changes, approximately when will the revised plans be available for purchase?

Thank you for your time!

Heather K.

Hi, Heather.

I'm hoping to have the list in another month or so. We have a teacher working on finalizing all of this now. We are not making many changes at all. It's little things like moving The Important Book from the 1st week to a later week because our teachers felt like it was too difficult.

Check with me in Aug. and see how we are doing. We may have it by then!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

I'm wanting to go ahead and order the Kindergarten curriculum now, in order to start planning for the year. But I'm hesitant to do so because of the upcoming changes mentioned above. If I order now, will I get the information regarding the changes? How much will the changes actually affect any planning I've done up to that point? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hello.

The changes we are making will not affect your lesson planning. They are minor, mainly concerning the literature and enrichment section (science and social studies). So, you can order now and make your plans for the year. Then, email me in Aug. asking for the latest version of the curriculum guide, and I'll gladly replace the one you have. How's that for a plan?

Regards,

Tanya Charlton
        [email protected]

Comment

Would that apply to all of us who just ordered the K plans?
          The Homeschool Grads:
          J- 6/96
          S- 11/98

Homeschooling:
          G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
          D- 5/05
          F- 7/08 (my only girl)

New Homeschooler:
          M- 9/16: JrK 5-Day

Comment

Of course. We will always replace our curriculum guides as we make changes to them because they are new products and we are still tweaking them. Our teachers were very pleased with them last year, but they did have some suggestions that we felt were worth looking at. We are in the process of making those changes now since we have some of the teachers working for us this summer, so we should have an updated copy in Aug.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you

Thank you, Tanya! It is really generous to offer to send revised plans as needed!

Comment

Any word on the new changes? I'm putting all of my things together for the first few weeks, and needed to know.
                Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
                DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy - equestrian
                DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
                DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School -equestrian
                DS6 - 7 - MP 1 - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Dianna,

It is probably going to be the end of Aug. before we have the final guide changes. Our teachers are working hard on finalizing everything, but I have a feeling they will be working until school starts. But these changes shouldn't affect your lesson planning because they are minor.

I apologize for the delay. We are working hard to get everything done!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                  X