Change in 1st grade curriculum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in 1st grade curriculum?

I bought the first grade curriculum guide from you at the Memphis homeschool convention in March. Since that time, I have ordered the remainder of the items for the curriculum based on the checklist at the front of the curriculum guide and by the listings on your website. Yesterday, when flipping through the curriculum, I noticed there are 3 books used in the reading section for Weeks 15 and 16 that are not listed on your website nor the curriculum checklist (nor are they shown in the complete curriculum package picture).
    They are The Little House Christmas Treasury, Winter on the Farm, and Christmas in the Big Woods. I found your catalog last night and see that they are included in the pictures and listings there. I assume that this was just an omission from the website. Please let me know if there has been a change to the curriculum.

Thank you!
    Leigh Ann

Hi, Leigh Ann.

We did add these books into our 1st grade curriculum to fill in the few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas as a break for the students. They finish up StoryTime Treasures before Thanksgiving break, and we felt it would be better to wait until after Christmas to begin More StoryTime since there are so many distractions during that time. So, our teachers use the literature time to read aloud from the Little House Christmas Treasury stories, but we wanted the students to continue practicing their reading, so we added these two picture books for the students to spend a few minutes each day reading to us.

I'm sorry for the confusion. This change did just take place with this new catalog. We have these books in stock if you'd like to get them, but you could really use any reading that you'd like to during that time.

You might want to check your curriculum manual though and make sure you got the new one with this change. After the Thanksgiving read-aloud books, you should see a break between StoryTime and More StoryTime assignments. If I need to send you a new updated guide, I'll get it right out to you.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
    X