Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed

I am new 2 memoria press and i am trying 2 figure out what would i need 4 my soon 2 b 3rd grader. we r going into ancient history (we follow history chronological with my two older boys 9 and 7 grade). i would appreciate your help.

villi

Hello, Villi.

We like to start ancient history with a study of Greek mythology for young students. The stories are fun and totally age-appropriate, while providing a good foundation for further study of the classics. In 3rd grade, our students do D'Aulaires' Greek Myths with our study guides. In 4th, they do Famous Men of Rome; in 5th, Famous Men of the Middle Ages; and in 6th, Famous Men of Greece. After this, they begin doing the middle-school histories by Dorothy Mills that we are republishing and reading the classics, beginning with Homer.

We don't specifically do history chronologically because we feel some of it is not age-appropriate for younger students, but we do study it chronologically within the time period we choose for each year. For example, when we study Rome, we begin at the beginning and take Roman history through the fall of Rome.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Tanya Charlton

Comment

so let me see if i understand it. i will just need the greeks study for history, right? is there other reading required for history? as i was looking through the catalog i will need History-D'aulaires greek myth; Bible- Christian studies I and Literature- charlottes web, farmer boy and the moffats. am i correct? thankx so much 4 the help.

Comment

You've got it! The only other history we do in 3rd grade is a study in states & capitals using our study guides. Our students have to map the U.S. and know all 50 state capitals for their final exam at the end of the 3rd grade year.

I'm attaching our 3rd grade list of books for you to see. It might help you.

Cheers,

Tanya
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks 4 all ur help.

villi

Comment

btw i cant find the astronomy book on the website nor the catalog? where can i find it?

villi

Comment

Villi,

The astronomy guide is not officially released for sale yet even though I am selling it as people need it. We haven't proofed it yet, and our teachers may want to make some changes this summer. If you need it now, you can order it by phone, and we will replace the beta version you will receive now with the final books after we have made our final changes.

Tanya

Comment

oh ok. i wont need it until august. i am just gathering my books slowly. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X