Switching from Latin Primer to Prima Latina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Latin Primer to Prima Latina

We began our first year of Latin study this year with Latin Primer. I am seriously considering switching to Prima Latina/Latina Christiana for next year. What is going to be the biggest difference between the two programs?

I do understand that Latin Primer studies "classical" Latin and we would be learning "ecclesiastical" Latin with Prima Latina. Right now, we are studying lists of words and learning chants. We do some simple translating back and forth between English and Latin. We also study derivatives. After reading all the information I could find and viewing the sample lessons on Prima Latina/Latina Christiana it "appears" to me that we would be doing more diagramming work with an emphasis on grammar. Is this correct?

Could someone give me any more insight into the daily lesson plans? I have no background in Latin and am learning right along with my children so any help would be appreciated. I would like to make an informed decision and stick with one program for the sake of continuity.
    Thanks
Working...
X