Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the copybooks?

Hi,

I only saw one sample for the copybooks. I was wondering how it is structured for each grade - which ones have them tracing or copying under the model as opposed to on the next page? Are they all manuscript, or do they move into a cursive model for second or third grade? I am trying to decide which book I should purchase.

Thanks for any help,
    Angela

Thank you for your interest in our new copy books. We are excited about their release.

The Copy Books are intended for students in kindergarten through second grade and they teach exclusively manuscript. While the sample page in the recent Memoria Press catalog displayed a ball and stick print style, the course actually teaches more of continuous style, somewhat of a cross between a Zaner-Bloser and Handwriting without Tears font. This change was made after our catalog went to press and we apologize for any confusion caused.

Each book in the series offers a traceable alphabet at the beginning and blank-lined pages at the end, along with handwriting guidelines in the introduction. The Kindergarten and first grade books offer slightly larger lines and modeling for each word. The final quarter of the first grade book asks students to copy a verse from the left side of a page onto lined pages on the right as an introduction to the important skill of managing a blank page. The second grade book has slightly smaller lines (not quite notebook paper size) and asks students to copy a verse or poem neatly onto blank pages for each lesson.

Comment

Working...
    X