ETA update :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA update :-)

Hi, Tanya. I am wondering if you have an estimate as to when the lesson plans and complete packages will be ready to order and ship out. If it is going to be by the end of the month then I will hold off on making any other school purchases this month. But if it won't really be able to ship out until Sept 1 or so I can just count the packages in my Sept budget. Also, do they do like rush orders or fast shipping? Just curious.....I figured we are about mid-month now and you probably have a better idea of the timeline of things....

Thanks!
    Shaina

Shaina,

I'm thinking first grade will be ready to ship by the end of Aug. But you can order on Sept. 1 and still have it by the end of Labor Day. Second grade is going to be a little slower. I have all the books in-house, but I'm thinking I'll be sending the lesson plans for the first month by the end of Aug. and finish it up totally after that. We are still choosing books for 2nd grade read-aloud, which affects social studies and science. But I am telling the second grade purchasers that they will have lesson plans for at least the first month while we finish up.

So, I'm thinking you could do either - Aug. or Sept. I can send you all the books now, but the road map (lesson plans) will follow in a couple of weeks.

Also, I'm expecting the final 2nd grade literature guides to be in on Aug. 25, so you might want to wait to get those until then so you have the pretty ones!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Eta

Hey, Tanya. Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am still thinking I'm going to wait on 2nd grade for her at this point, but maybe she will fly through 1st. So that part doesn't affect me right now, and by the time I'll need them for sure you will have them all done :-) I do have one more question, though. Do you know if the K is going to remain as is or if you are going to change it around still? Because if the K is staying as is I can probably go ahead and order that now. But if it is changing I want to wait.

Also, do the lesson plans assume a September (right after labor day) start? I know I can always switch SS and Sci. around if need be, but I'm hoping it will line up for the most part.

Thanks!

Shaina

Comment

Shaina,

I'm going to need to make a few changes to kindergarten. Give me until Mon. They are minor changes, but you might as well have them, right?

Our lesson plans do assume as start day right after Labor Day. We do things the old-fashioned way!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Minor changes

Hi Tanya,

I purchased the K curriculum this summer and noticed a few places that could use corrections. I have the First Edition copyright 2009. Here is what I have noted so far:

p. 11 Art Study: Under the "How does the paint look?" bullet the last bullet says "Are the strong colors or soft colors?" I'm not sure if "the" is supposed to be "there" or if should read another way, but it doesn't make sense as is.

p. 20 I believe under "Memory" for Monday the copybook page should be page 26 instead of page 28?

p. 84 The opening prayer says "To fight and not the heed the wounds". I'm assuming it should be "to heed"?

p. 93 Since "My Shadow" is in the appendix, it might help clarify why it is there to make a note or something in the poetry list, since a different poem is listed for week 19. I found this a little confusing.

Thanks!
          Kathy

Comment

I was wondering if you had the list ready of the read alouds for grade 1? If so I would love to have it ahead of time to give an idea of what we will be reading.

Thanks

Comment

Kathy,

Your timing is great! I am making the final corrections to the k-guide today, so your email is fortuitous. I will make these changes. Thanks for using our curriculum in its beginning stages. It is parents like you who help us to make it as good as we possibly can, which is our goal!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

I am so close on the final 1st grade list. Give me the weekend to get it totally in place, and I'll post it by Mon.

Thanks for your patience. As we knew it would, our list has changed some as we worked on 2nd grade. But, I think we have it!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

One more correction

Hi Tanya, I found one more correction. On p. 17 (week 1), Friday science it says to familiarize yourself with the Nature Study Guidelines in the Appendix, but these are at the front of the book on p.14.

Thanks,
                  Kathy

Comment

Oh, thank you! Page numbers get us in trouble all the time. We move things around, and then forget where we've referenced them.

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                    X