literature and classical study guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

literature and classical study guides

Hi. I really appreciate this forum. I've found lots of good info here.

I'll be using your D'aulaires' Greek Myths course and the literature study guides that are part of the 4th grade curriculum at HLS. I know the teacher guides will have the answers, but I was wondering if there will be any type of lesson plans that I could get with those to guide me in how much reading/workbook activity to do each week.

Thanks,
    Amy

Amy,

We do have lesson plans for 3rd grade, which includes D'Aulaires and for 4th grade, which includes the literature. They are comprehensive lesson plans for all subjects, though, so they would have a lot of information you don't need unless you are using our total curriculum package.

In a nutshell, I feel like you can get 1 lesson completed in D'Aulaires in 1 1/2-2 hrs. each week and complete the course within the school year. For literature, if you plan on completing a lesson a day (maybe only 4 each week though to leave time for the extra activities in the guides), you should get through all the books within the year. I'd allow about an hour a day for literature.

I hope this helps. If you are interested in comprehensive lesson plans, they are $30 for each grade for the school year.

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
    X