Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prep work

Tanya,

I am hoping to be able to start right away with the K and 1st grade plans (I'm still not sure about 2nd grade for this year) as soon as they arrive b/c the lesson plans line up with the holidays and I don't want that to get messed up (in fact I'm hoping to use that as a motivator to STAY ON SCHEDULE for once...lol). So my question is if there is any prep work I can do ahead of time to make sure I have everything I need b/c I don't want to have to wait to be able to start for something else to be ordered and shipped (for example, craft or science supplies, etc.) If there is anything you can think of let me know. I really appreciate it. Also, do the lesson plans start in September or August? I'm hoping to be able to have them here by the last weekend in August so I can start on time (assuming the plans start in August as well). Thanks so much!

Shaina

I meant...

I meant September, not August. I'm assuming they start in September???

Thanks!!

Shaina

Comment

Don't worry :-)

I can't speak for 1st, but I've been reading through the K guide and there doesn't seem to be a lot of prep needed for that first week. You should be able to get started and get up to speed quickly. The guide is really nicely done. One thing that might help you now is to go ahead and outline your calendar for the Fall semester. What days will you have school? Will you take any breaks? We are starting next Wednesday, but we're taking a full week off in October as well as a couple of other days and it looks like Christmas break is going to hit just right for us. So start on your calendar, then when your guides get there, you can see where you need to be and when. And if all else fails, move up the holiday activities to be on the right weeks for you. They are tied to the science/social studies/etc. courses, but not really to math and phonics, so you could juggle a little if you needed to.

Tanya has more/better info here than I do, but I thought I'd give you a little reassurance.
      Samantha
      mom to 3:
      2 graduates
      1 8th grader doing a combination of MPOA and MP at home

Comment

Prep work

Thanks! I think I have our calendar planned pretty well, but of course life always happens. I know when our main breaks (we have two weeks off end of Sept and early Oct for vacation and my sister's wedding) are and I'm planning one week for Christmas and one week for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can figure out how to line it all up. I see what you're saying about how it wouldn't be that hard to rearrange things if need be. I'm REALLY hoping to do a better job this year with staying on schedule. I have read some posts and heard some audios from a few moms who seem to be able to stay on schedule for the most part and so I know it is possible if we will just be diligent. We have a pretty good supply of craft items here from the last 4 years of homeschooling (we did preschool, K, and 2 years of first grade for my oldest b/c of her learning struggles), so hopefully I already have most everything I would need the first month. I'm still checking every day for their availability and can't wait to order it the first day it becomes available and the K plans are redone, etc. Thanks for your help! Are the plans you have the finalized ones? If so I'd love to know the first four books used in each one so I can make sure I have them ready to go.

Shaina

Comment

Working...
        X