Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composition

Hello, I am so excited at the prospect of the literature guides being in the catalog in May! I have been perusing the Highlands School site for a week now. I am really liking everything. My biggest question right now is about composition. Where is the instruction in that area? I know they do 1 composition per week and illustrate it but is that assignment from the literature guides?

I admit, I have not yet read LCC. That is my next step. Maybe it will be more clear after I have read that.

We are using Right Start Reading for our youngest and just love it. I am excited for first grade next year and plan to use the whole program.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Nancy

Nancy,

I'm glad you are benefiting from our products. If you need any lit. study guides now, I can get them for you. I have been selling them for awhile now. These guides do have writing activities throughout them, and that is what we use in class. Our students don't have a formal writing class. The Rod & Staff grammar books also have regular writing lessons that we can choose from. We begin concentrating on writing very early, through the use of our study guide comprehension questions in English, history, Christian studies, etc. The teachers focus on writing good, complete sentences to answer these questions, modeling good sentences on the board in the younger grades for the students to copy perfectly. By 4th grade, we begin moving toward paragraph writing, and continue on from there.

Classical Writing is the program recommended in the LCC, but I don't know enough about it to advise you. The Institute for Excellence in Writing and Susan Wise Bauer's Writing With Ease are other very popular writing programs among homeschoolers. You might want to look at these if you feel you need more guided writing help.

Regards,

Tanya Charlton

Comment

Guides

I wonder if it would be possible for you to list the guides that would be available to purchase? You must be very busy though. If you have time it would be very helpful!

Comment

I'm going to attach the list to this post. After looking at it, if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help you.

Regards,

Tanya
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X