2nd -4th grade curriculum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd -4th grade curriculum

Now, that the K-curriculum is out, I am sooo eager to get a look at the higher grades...!
    What are your plans concerning potential publishing dates?
    Thanks!

Hello.

I'd love to have 1st-2nd grades available this summer, at least to beta test. I actually have access to 3rd-6th grade lesson plans now, but they need a lot of work before I am ready to go to print. In the meantime, I am helping people put their curriculum together. I have study guides for the literature in grades 1-7 that I am selling unofficially now, and I can help you make decisions about other classes also.

If you'd like to email me with the grades of your children and what your needs are, I'll be glad to help you.

Regards,

Tanya Charlton
    tanya@memoriapress.com

Comment

I'd just like to chime in here and just mention that Tanya was able to put together

curriculum for my 3rd, 5th, and 7th grader. The materials came today, and I am really pleased with all of them. We chose Latin,Artner's American History, one of the Famous Men guides, and various Literature guides for each grade. I am so excited and everything just looks so nice. I can't wait to get started with it all., so please do consider having Tanya help you to piece together as you go! It worked out great for us, and I know my kids are going to get a great education!

Comment

Could I have your schedule/plan for 2nd grade?

I looked at the sample layout plan for K and it looks marvelous! I would love to see the 2nd grade or even the 3rd grade layout that you're planning. I have an 8 yo boy who is about that level. Would the music/art be similar to the K?

thx,
        Whitney

Comment

Hello.

The 2nd grade lesson plan layout will be similar to kindergarten. The read-aloud section will be there, and we are in the midst of choosing the books now. 2nd grade will include lesson plans for Prima Latina, Rod & Staff Math 2, SRA Phonics 3, Rod & Staff English 2, and literature studies on: The Courage of Sarah Noble, Little House in the Big Woods, Mr. Popper's Penguins, and Four Tales From Beatrix Potter. I don't anticipate any major changes in those subjects. As it stands now, geography/history is a U.S. coloring book to introduce states and capitals (mastered in 3rd grade) and Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans by Edward Eggleston (which is read aloud in class). Science is Rod & Staff Patterns of Nature 2 and the Christian Liberty Nature Reader 2. These subjects of history and science may change as we finalize our 'literature and enrichment' segment of 2nd grade, so don't hold me to this! The enrichment section will include classic art and music, as well as poetry, just like kindergarten.

Beginning with 3rd grade, the lesson plans will be different, and we don't have that worked out totally yet. I feel like the format of the lesson plan book will look very similar to that of K-2nd, but because of the nature of grammar school work, we will have to make some changes. By 3rd grade, we are assuming a mastery of reading, penmanship, basic math skills, etc. and it is time to begin a serious look at history, literature, and the classics. I can give you the texts used in the 3rd grade: Christian Studies I, D'Aulaires Greek Myths, Farmer Boy, Charlotte's Web, The Moffats, Latina Christiana I, Rod & Staff Spelling 4 and Grammar 3, mastery of the states and capitals with a Memoria Press study guide, and a study of the constellations/solar system (also with an MP guide). I'll have a better idea of the looks of this curriculum by the middle of the summer. We are already working on it, but our priority right now is to get 1st-2nd finalized.

I hope this is helpful!

Tanya Charlton

Comment

1st grade science

I see that you have posted recommendations for science. What is used in 1st grade for science? My daughter will be moving to your recommendations for 2nd grade and we have not done any formal science this year (1st grade) and I am want to make sure she can move into what you suggest. Thanks!

Comment

Right now, they use the Christian Liberty Nature Reader 1, but that is going to change. We are going to develop science, social studies, and craft activities based on our read-aloud enrichment program just like we did in kindergarten. We still may use the Nature Reader, but it will be a different curriculum. We are developing all of that now for sale this summer (if all goes as planned!).

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
              X