Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaching LCII to homeschool group - Q...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching LCII to homeschool group - Q...

Hi,

This is my 2nd year teaching LC I, and my first year teaching LCII to a group of students in my local homeschool group.
    The LC I group is doing fine, since the youngest is 10.
    However, my LCII group is beginning to have difficulties. The ages range from 11 - 14. The two 11yo. students are really lagging behind the older students, but even one of the older students is struggling somewhat.
    I am fairly certain that one of the major problems is lack of knowledge of basic English grammar concepts. One of the parents told me that she has really not done any grammar w/her dc.
    Only one of my students is doing well on the tests, so she is ready to move on. She has a solid Grammar background.
    I am in a quandry as to what to do. I have the book, English Grammar for Students of Latin, which I plan on using, but one hour of classtime is just not enough.
    I am ready to ditch LC II for now and just teach them English grammar.
    They'll love me for that!! Can anyone offer advice? We have just completed lesson 10, but I really don't want to move on from here until we get our bearings.
    I am also using Oerberg's text to give them practice reading Latin as Latin, which they love.
    I would really appreciate any help with my dilemma.
    thank you,
    Lisa

Prima Latina to use review basic English grammar concepts

I spoke to Lisa on the phone and sent her a copy of Prima Latina. She decided to use Prima Latina to review basic English grammar concepts with her students who are having difficulty with the parts of speech.
    Brian Lowe
    www.MemoriaPress.com

Comment

Thank you, Brian!...

Originally posted by blowe
      I spoke to Lisa on the phone and sent her a copy of Prima Latina. She decided to use Prima Latina to review basic English grammar concepts with her students who are having difficulty with the parts of speech.
      You have been very helpful! I really appreciate it!
      Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X