Workspace and devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace and devices

With trying to limit screen time, especially during school, but needing to still use the computer for streaming classes (like Latin), how do your student's desk space? We have never allowed a device to be used at the desk, so that our child would learn to concentrate and work while at her desk. And it worked! I don't want to mess up what is working, but she will still need some computer access for school. How do you handle this situation so that there are still clear boundaries between work and play? Thank you!!!

We are very strict with screen time as well. Due to the layout of our home (6 children in closer quarters) ours either use the laptop at their desk for their classes or find another quiet spot to concentrate. Our oldest has a desk/workstation in our closet 😊. Our 6th grader has one online class this year and when she finishes her class, the computer gets transferred back to the kitchen. It has not interfered with her other work at all.
    Homeschooling for 13 years
    2021-2022

11th grade girl-MPOA 8 classes, French with me, Hillsdale summer Brit Lit program soon!
    8th grade girl-MPOA 4 classes, MP CC, French with me, ABeka algebra and grammar
    6th grade girl-MPOA FFL, MP spelling, lit, geo, Apologia Botany, French me, ABeka math
    3rd grade boy-MP LC, French, Dinosaurs, ABeka language, math and spelling, MFW Amer history and lit
    Kindergarten girl-ABeka language, writing, math, MFW Kinder
    1 year old-enormous distraction ❤️

Comment

We too, have a "computer" spot. (It's just the kitchen table!). It's a laptop, so it gets moved around a lot but if they are using the computer for school, it has a certain place to be used. We also use an iPad/phone, etc for audio books. We've gotten some books on the Kindle as well and I have to open the device for them to be able to use it. But they sit in the same room as I do when using it.
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X