Kindergarten Phonics Supplemental Workbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindergarten Phonics Supplemental Workbook

I just saw this! Will it be replacing the Core Skills wkbks in Kinder? (Please say yes.) It looks to be a more advanced version of the Alphabet books we loved. Is this an erroneous assumption?

When will the K plans be updated to reflect the change? Are any more updates/changes planned for Fall 2022?

M was not ready when we tried earlier this year so I am gearing up for Kinder 2 this fall. I want to be sure to catch all the new goodies before I order later this summer.
    The Older Boys:
    J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
    S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
    G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
    D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
    F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
    M- 9/16

Hello.

The Phonics Supplemental Workbook will replace Core Skills. We also have a new little Manuscript Practice Sheets book that is coming along. Our teachers wanted students to have more manuscript practice. (As I have said repeatedly, our K teachers are so high maintenance! They are never finished ...) So, more kindergarten books are coming! The lesson plans have been edited to remove Core Skills and add these new books, but the new book isn't at the printer yet, so we have one more piece of this puzzle to complete.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello.

The Phonics Supplemental Workbook will replace Core Skills. We also have a new little Manuscript Practice Sheets book that is coming along. Our teachers wanted students to have more manuscript practice. (As I have said repeatedly, our K teachers are so high maintenance! They are never finished ...) So, more kindergarten books are coming! The lesson plans have been edited to remove Core Skills and add these new books, but the new book isn't at the printer yet, so we have one more piece of this puzzle to complete.

Tanya
      I've always felt very fortunate that we have kind of been on the "right end" of new products (instead of the other side of it), but feeling a little sad that we are on the "wrong side" for these! Theses products would have really helped us in K! So, I'm excited for them to be included in the packages now!!
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Christine,

I will tell our teachers they have let you down - that you knew we had a need before they did!

Tanya

Comment

Yea! I’m looking forward to these changes. Kinder has come a long way since G & D used it.

Out of curiosity, is the Charter side updated at the same time as the Christian side? I’m only asking because I prefer the EPS readers over the ALS ones.
          The Older Boys:

The Middle Boys:

The Princess:
          F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
          M- 9/16

Comment

😊 This is so great to know! I will need to get updated lesson plans.

Comment

These look great. I'm with Christine though, these are just a smidge too late for me.
              Susan

2021-2022
              A (13) - Simply Classical 7/8
              C (12) - Simply Classical 7/8
              G (8) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

Of course I just bought the paper version of K phonics lesson plans a few months ago thinking I finally had all of the pieces and was ready to start this spring. But now I definitely need this new book when it prints (we are only at week 2 so plenty of time to add). Any chance I could ask for the updated lesson plans without buying again? Next time lesson learned and I will buy digital instead of print plans…

Comment

I would still like to know about the charter plans/side of things, too, please.
                  The Older Boys:

The Middle Boys:

The Princess:
                  F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
                  M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by bmbookman View Post
                    Of course I just bought the paper version of K phonics lesson plans a few months ago thinking I finally had all of the pieces and was ready to start this spring. But now I definitely need this new book when it prints (we are only at week 2 so plenty of time to add). Any chance I could ask for the updated lesson plans without buying again? Next time lesson learned and I will buy digital instead of print plans…
                    Did you contact the sales department? They are usually pretty helpful in these situations!
                    Christine

(2022/2023)
                    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

Did you contact the sales department? They are usually pretty helpful in these situations!
                      Should have thought of that one as well! I will email now. Thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

Good morning.

The charter kindergarten curriculum manual has been updated with the new supplemental workbook.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks, Tanya. I just wondered because the last time I looked, the online curriculum manual sample didn't have the Cut-n-Paste book in it, either.
                          The Older Boys:

The Middle Boys:

The Princess:
                          F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
                          M- 9/16

Comment

OK, I'm being a pest. When are the online curriculum manual samples updated to reflect all the new additions/deletions?
                            The Older Boys:

The Middle Boys:

The Princess:
                            F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
                            M- 9/16

Comment

Working...
                            X