Third form Latin streaming videos vs older dvd lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third form Latin streaming videos vs older dvd lessons

Can someone compare the newer streaming videos for 3rd form to the old dvd’s? I think they are a different instructor. We used the videos from Mr. Moore for my two older kids and when we got to third we were disappointed with the teaching on the DVDs and decided it was time to move to MPOA. The man didn’t do much beyond presenting exactly what was in the book and just didn’t seem to have the confidence of Mr. Moore. Not sure that I am explaining myself well. Are the new streaming videos enough better to spend the money on replacing what we have? My third child has no desire for the online academy and I would like a backup explanation to mine for some of the topics.
    Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
    15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Freshman
    DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
    DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
    DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

The newer TFL instructional videos are a totally different instructor - one of our most popular Latin teachers. You will notice a total difference if you want to look at the sample on our website. Sean Brooks was a master teacher, and we were sorry to lose him. Also, he even walks you through some of the difficult workbook exercises. This is a definite step up! Since you already own the dvds, you can upgrade to the new streaming for $10 - well worth it! But you have to call to get that deal.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      The newer TFL instructional videos are a totally different instructor - one of our most popular Latin teachers. You will notice a total difference if you want to look at the sample on our website. Sean Brooks was a master teacher, and we were sorry to lose him. Also, he even walks you through some of the difficult workbook exercises. This is a definite step up! Since you already own the dvds, you can upgrade to the new streaming for $10 - well worth it! But you have to call to get that deal.

Tanya
      Thank you so much for the comparison and about the deal. I will try most anything from MP for $10. $55 had me wanting a bit more assurance.
      Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
      15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Freshman
      DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
      DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
      DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Working...
      X