Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video lessons planned for Traditional Spelling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video lessons planned for Traditional Spelling?

I LOVE the FSR video lessons, and I'm wondering if there are any plans for the same sort of setup for Traditional Spelling? (pretty please? I will bring Michelle cookies. And the video team.)
    Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
    DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
    DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
    DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
    DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Hey, Dianna.

We do have Traditional Spelling I on video, but the editing process is large on this. I'm not sure when it will be released. It will probably be next summer before we get TSII filmed, but maybe we can get II and III filmed the same summer. You can't imagine the amount of footage this takes! It's certainly different from a Famous Men book!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hey, Dianna.

We do have Traditional Spelling I on video, but the editing process is large on this. I'm not sure when it will be released. It will probably be next summer before we get TSII filmed, but maybe we can get II and III filmed the same summer. You can't imagine the amount of footage this takes! It's certainly different from a Famous Men book!

Tanya
      So, at some point, there will be Famous Men videos as well?

Do you plan to hold off on releasing any level of TS until ALL are filmed/edited?
      Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
      DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
      DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
      DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

We will release TSI as soon as we have finished editing it. If we waited until all levels are filmed and edited, Julia Lasoi (who taught TSI for us) would be grey by the time we released it!

Tanya

Comment

Ryan G. has a plan for Famous Men, but somehow we stagnated on that one. I think we could never come up with how we wanted them to look. What would be most helpful to you for your student to have - additional information like a lecture, or simply going through each lesson like we would teach it in the classroom?

Others besides Dianna feel free to share your thoughts here!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Ryan G. has a plan for Famous Men, but somehow we stagnated on that one. I think we could never come up with how we wanted them to look. What would be most helpful to you for your student to have - additional information like a lecture, or simply going through each lesson like we would teach it in the classroom?

Others besides Dianna feel free to share your thoughts here!

Tanya
            I have a daughter who is almost ready for TSI as well. She loves “Miss Michelle” in her FSR Lessons right now I would love to see TSI in the same format (lesson by lesson teaching) so that I can concentrate on her older siblings. The streaming FSR Lessons have been a lifesaver. If y’all also want to throw in Storytime Tresures, I won’t complain 😄
            “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Boy Wonder 13 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
            Joy Bubble 11 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
            Cuddly Cowboy 9 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 3/4/5 + Seton 4
            Sassafras 5 ...MPK + Seton K

Comment

If MP is in need of more video resources, you can always swing by our house and collect video of how *not* to teach TS1 this year! And TSII next year too!

We love the program so far at our house. My oldest is really thriving in TSI and his spelling has definitely been helped by the program. I would love a great explanation and teacher help for the "Colorful Letters" section on Day 2 each week. Walk through of how to do the lesson, how to teach it, how to correct, what to do when there's a legitimate difference in how a word is pronounced and how it should be pronounced, etc. Of the whole program, this one section causes the most (and the only) angst and dread each time we get to it.
              21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
              S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
              D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
              S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn View Post
                If MP is in need of more video resources, you can always swing by our house and collect video of how *not* to teach TS1 this year! And TSII next year too!

We love the program so far at our house. My oldest is really thriving in TSI and his spelling has definitely been helped by the program. I would love a great explanation and teacher help for the "Colorful Letters" section on Day 2 each week. Walk through of how to do the lesson, how to teach it, how to correct, what to do when there's a legitimate difference in how a word is pronounced and how it should be pronounced, etc. Of the whole program, this one section causes the most (and the only) angst and dread each time we get to it.
                I hear the people they tapped to address this at Sodalitas are already planning to answer this thoroughly. Sounds like you should pop in on that session.
                Mama of 2, teacher of 3

SY 21/22
                5A w/ SFL & CC Narrative class
                MP1

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A
                SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post

I hear the people they tapped to address this at Sodalitas are already planning to answer this thoroughly. Sounds like you should pop in on that session.
                  Wonderful to hear. I was hoping that would be the case. I would love to pop in on that session, but I may just be otherwise occupied. The video recorder better be top notch and rock solid that day.
                  21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
                  S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
                  D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
                  S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

Did you guys see the teaching guidelines Michelle did for Traditional Spelling? They are abbreviated but could help you with your daily format until we get the teaching videos out. If you watch those and still have questions about what your day to day should look like, she would be glad to answer them! Here are the guidelines: https://youtu.be/ryGoZf2mIMs

Tanya

Comment

There are also explanations in the Teaching Guidelines in both the Teacher Manual for the TS program and in the Curriculum Manual but should you need anything further, I am always happy to help via phone or email. Who doesn't love talking phonics and spelling????

Comment

Working...
                      X