No announcement yet.

Stuck on Second Form Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, momgineer. We used a different Latin program with my son in the early years, so I'm not as familiar with LC. From my perspective, I like the pace of LC because FFL really starts picking up. I, in hindsight, was wishing that I had LC under my belt before going on to FFL. Since I haven't studied Latin and the way I was taught French was really different I am trying to find the balance of a doable school day and touching on all of the Latin drills and worksheets each day. Probably my engineering brain. MSEE here married to MSME/MBA. I'm sure you can relate!

Comment

I am not sure where I am in the list of people recommending the second form workbook update. My older three used the first edition and I thought it was good (it was), but my youngest is using the second edition of FFL this year and it very much exceeded my expectations. I like the idea of starting over or at the very least quizzes until you find the problem. A long break after unit 1 really isn’t ideal. I think a good foundation is best, and if you don’t totally finish second form MPOA has offered 5 week or so summer review classes in the past. If you do have some time, your own first form workbook to work through are worth it to figure out what is going on in Latin.

I would have skipped the new workbook if I had to get rid of my Mr. Moore videos. We 💗 him around here and I wish he had recorded third form as well.
      Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
      15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Freshman
      DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
      DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
      DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Sorry I think I was on the wrong page and replied to old stuff. Best luck with your new workbook.
        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
        15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
        DD College Freshman
        DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
        DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
        DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Working...
        X