First form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First form question

I am doing first form with my fourth child this year, but subbing it into 3A. I realized when it arrived that it was the new version of the workbook (which looks great by the way), but it doesn’t correlate section wise to any plans I have. The old workbook was pretty much a page a day, but this one has additional pages for each lesson. The curriculum guide samples for levels that schedule FFL aren’t updated to the new workbook. I don’t follow the plans exactly anyway, but would like to get a feel for how to pace the worksheets. If I order plans, are they updated to the new workbook?
    Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
    15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Freshman
    DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
    DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
    DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

The plans are updated, and it will be worthwhile. If you bought your OG materials & CM from MP, they may be able to get you updated plans. My only feel from last year is that students finish sections that bleed into the next day.
    Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
    Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
    SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
      The plans are updated, and it will be worthwhile. If you bought your OG materials & CM from MP, they may be able to get you updated plans. My only feel from last year is that students finish sections that bleed into the next day.
      Thanks! I will call tomorrow about the plans. From the other thread, it sounds like I should get new tests as well.
      Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
      15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Freshman
      DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
      DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
      DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

tanya I’m teaching a First Form class that starts today. This thread and the other has me wondering if I should get a new TM? I know it was said there weren’t many changes to the text and TM so would there be any reason to get a new TM? Would I be missing anything that I should cover with my students in class using the old TM? I have the new key, workbook and tests.
        Katie

DS 17: Senior!
        DD 14: 10th
        DD 10: 6th
        Twin DD's 8: 3rd
        Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
          tanya I’m teaching a First Form class that starts today. This thread and the other has me wondering if I should get a new TM? I know it was said there weren’t many changes to the text and TM so would there be any reason to get a new TM? Would I be missing anything that I should cover with my students in class using the old TM? I have the new key, workbook and tests.
          TheTM has not changed. My understanding is that a chart was added to the appendix of the Student Text and that any small changes would be nominal. I have the OG TM and 2nd ed. SwB, and it was seamless.
          Last edited by enbateau; 09-01-2021, 07:38 AM.
          Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
          Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
          SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Thank you. I will stick with what I have.
            Katie

DS 17: Senior!
            DD 14: 10th
            DD 10: 6th
            Twin DD's 8: 3rd
            Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Working...
            X