• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Christine,

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. It has been on my list to talk to the 6th grade teachers, but it is difficult to disturb them the first couple of weeks of school. I did talk to Amily Saxon today, and she said that they realize some of these concepts aren't taught in the math book until later in the year, but they just find them in the math book and introduce them earlier so that students aren't blindsided by them on the ITBS. They don't spend but a few minutes on them, just to familiarize the students with the concepts. They introdue it and then practice a few on the board and then move on to the math lesson for the day. This particular one you are looking for is taught in lesson 93 in your math book.

I need to put a note to this effect in the curriculum manual!

Tanya
    Ah, thank you! I think that is what I really needed (the lesson number). Many of the other ones have the lesson number next to them, but that one did not. I searched the internet for the answer, but still was confused. Now that I have a lesson number, I can move on! ). Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Christine,

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. It has been on my list to talk to the 6th grade teachers, but it is difficult to disturb them the first couple of weeks of school. I did talk to Amily Saxon today, and she said that they realize some of these concepts aren't taught in the math book until later in the year, but they just find them in the math book and introduce them earlier so that students aren't blindsided by them on the ITBS. They don't spend but a few minutes on them, just to familiarize the students with the concepts. They introdue it and then practice a few on the board and then move on to the math lesson for the day. This particular one you are looking for is taught in lesson 93 in your math book.

I need to put a note to this effect in the curriculum manual!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    started a topic 6th grade Math Enrichment Week 2 question 3

6th grade Math Enrichment Week 2 question 3

We have never encountered question 3. Can you please tell me where in the R&S books my child should have learned this? If it hasn't been taught, where is the instruction on how to teach this? . Thank you for your help! (I understand the purpose is because some concepts aren't taught in R&S, but I don't have any clue how a child should just intuitively know how to solve the problem??? (or a parent only having taught from R&S can help their child answer the question?)
Working...
X