Where is Poetry scheduled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Poetry scheduled?

I purchased Poetry for the Grammar Stage for both grades 4 and 7. Where is this scheduled in the curriculum manual? I cannot find it.

It is scheduled in with Literature, but usually just once a week. We work on poetry memorization, though, every day.
    Emily…a hunter who prefers coffee to chocolate and dreams of the mountains

Beech Tree Boarding School, 2021-2022
    DD (age 10): MP 5
    DD (age 8): MP 2
    DS (age 5): MP K
    "Maybe stalking the woods is as vital to the human condition as making music or putting words to paper. Maybe hunting has as much of a claim on our civilized selves as anything else.” Steven Rinella

Comment

For 7M, it is in American Studies, Science and Poetry on Tuesday.

For 4M, look to the second half of the splay near Thursday or Friday. I did not see it in the sample, and I did a different 4th track. For 5A/6M lit, poetry is in Friday's block. It is not every week (esp at the beginning), so flip through a couple of weeks and start looking for Poetry for the Grammar Stage.
      Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
      Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
      SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

I am using the 3A manual and found poetry scheduled very sporadically (usually Literature, sometimes Science). I have separately scheduled the 3rd poems so we are memorizing roughly a stanza/week all year, practicing daily. I really like the material in the poetry guide, so we discuss the current poem every Friday and spread the guide components over the weeks we are studying that poem. My kids eagerly anticipate getting to draw a picture as they are finally finishing up their memory work.
        Carrie
        Mom of 5 in Tennessee

2021-2022
        3rd or 5th year homeschooling - slowly transitioning to more MP
        5th grade girl
        3rd grade boy
        K girl
        Littles running wild

Comment

Originally posted by enbateau View Post
          For 7M, it is in American Studies, Science and Poetry on Tuesday.

For 4M, look to the second half of the splay near Thursday or Friday. I did not see it in the sample, and I did a different 4th track. For 5A/6M lit, poetry is in Friday's block. It is not every week (esp at the beginning), so flip through a couple of weeks and start looking for Poetry for the Grammar Stage.
          thanks, I found it it grade 7, but still haven't found in book 4. Will look more thoroughly later.

Comment

Working...
          X