Testing if forum is having issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing if forum is having issues.

Lots of chatter of the forum being down yesterday and today. I’m testing it out but it seems to be working for me. A number of people on Facebook can’t access or post to the forum.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 26, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 24, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 22, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 20, Physics major
    DD, 17, dyslexic, 11th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 13, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 8A
    DD, 7 , 1ST Future astronaut, robot building space artist

So I figured out 1 reason people cannot access it from the main MP page. The link to the forum has changed and now has an extra www. in there. (It links to www.forum.www.memoriapress.com) If you delete the second www. it works just fine, but you can't get there right from the homepage.
    ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
    DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
    DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
    DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Ah! That makes since why I could get it on my phone but when I tried to get there with my computer I couldn’t. I have the forum open in its own window on my phone! Thanks.
      Now riddle me this- I can’t seem to log on to access my downloads. I fill out the log in info and it takes it (doesn’t tell me anything is incorrect) but it is not logged in and I can’t get to the account menu with access to downloads and last orders and such.
      DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

Yes, hopefully the web people at MP will see this and get it fixed. I don't know who to tag to get it looked at. I don't keep the forum bookmarked, so I had thought it was down for the past couple of days. I will say the login function is sometimes weird for me. I often have to enter my info twice before it actually logs me in to access everything. It's always been like that for me though, I thought it was just my browser.
        ~Michelle

DD 13 (MP 8 - 4FL and Ref/Con through MPOA)
        DS 11 (MP 6 w/MPOA)
        DS 5 - MP K (My first Kindergartner with MP!!!)
        DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

tanya can you pass along that there are multiple weird issues people are experiencing with links on the main MP page?
          DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

I even reset my password and still can't get access to my account for downloads and streaming. I tried on both my phone and computer and neither work. In both cases, I enter my info and hit log in and it does nothing but give me a blank log in screen again. It doesn't say incorrect email or password, it just restarts asking for my info.
            DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

There appears to be something wrong with the price of the Medieval Europe package. The package is twice the price of buying the items individually.
              DD 17 | 12th
              DS 15 | 9th
              DD 13 | 8th
              2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

Yes, I cannot access my account for downloads, either.

Comment

I am able to access the downloads on my PC but have intermittent issues on mobile devices.
                  DD 17 | 12th
                  DS 15 | 9th
                  DD 13 | 8th
                  2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

I am not able to login to my account this morning. Any news on what is the cause and when this will be rectified?
                    Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
                    ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Sorry to hear about the troubles!
                      If it helps anyone working on it on the MP end about the accounts, I have not had any problems with either of my accounts (personal or cottage school). I can access them from my laptop and phone for downloads and streaming. Perhaps it is a limited problem?
                      Festina lentē,
                      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                      12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
                      10th • HLN, Latin online
                      7th • HLN & Home
                      4th • HLN & Home
                      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

I just tried a different browser and I was able to login to my account. As best I can tell, I cannot access my account if I use Safari. I can access it if I use Firefox.

Maybe this information will help.

For what it is worth, I called MP a few days ago because there seemed to be a glitch with my downloads. When I opened several of them, I had illegible markings where writing should be. I called MP and was told that everything looked fine on their end, so the problem must lie with my computer. I was using Safari to open those files. I then tried to use Firefox and was able to read and print the files with no problem.
                        Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
                        ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Originally posted by Melisa Burke View Post
                          I just tried a different browser and I was able to login to my account. As best I can tell, I cannot access my account if I use Safari. I can access it if I use Firefox.

Maybe this information will help.

For what it is worth, I called MP a few days ago because there seemed to be a glitch with my downloads. When I opened several of them, I had illegible markings where writing should be. I called MP and was told that everything looked fine on their end, so the problem must lie with my computer. I was using Safari to open those files. I then tried to use Firefox and was able to read and print the files with no problem.
                          Yet neither my Firefox or iPhone safari will log in. I can only get in via Edge. From what I have heard on social media, most people can’t get in with the browser they usually use without completing resetting the browser cookies and all that, but they can get in one a browser they haven’t logged in with before. I really don’t want to reset all my browser settings because I like having all my account cookies saved for easy access.
                          There is also a person who said she got approved for the forum over a week ago, but hasn’t been able to post. She doesn’t have a new topic button. Another person can’t get into MPOA and is locked out from trying her password too much even after resetting it. She is new and now thinks she just can’t access the classes she bought. I told her to call and get it reset but she wants to wait to see if it resolves itself.
                          Something is going on for sure. I’m glad it isn’t hitting everyone.
                          DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

momgineer have you tried calling MP? I know they were having trouble getting forum notifications so it’s possible they haven’t seen this thread at all.
                            Jennifer
                            Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
                            DS18: Almost done!
                            DS17: MP, MPOA
                            DS15: MP, MPOA
                            DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
                            DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
                            DD9: SC3
                            DD6: MPK

Comment

I didn’t realize they aren’t getting their own forum updates! Yes, something is most certainly off.
                              DS, 20, Physics major

Comment

Working...
                              X