Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idloveto
    replied
    enbateau Thank you for this explanation! That makes a lot of sense.

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    The Copybook Cursive should align with the Christian Studies program from 3rd grade on. That organization card at the beginning of the flashcards that begins with "Copybook I: Genesis 1:3" starts in K and is manuscript. It only loosely follows the Kindergarten Christian Studies readings. It pulls from the OT/NT and assigns its own readings for those verses learned separately from the CS component. In MP1, they use Copybook II, and it has poetry as well as some of the verses covered in MP1 CS. For Copybook II, the scripture verses are not in the order listed on the flashcard, but they are all included. Being in order of the books in the Bible just helps you find the flashcard if you use that to aid memory with your student. In MP2, they use Copybook Cursive I, and it includes a survey of verses from OT/NT, books of the Bible, the 12 tribes of Israel, poetry, etc. In MP3 (A-accelerated and M-moderated tracks) Christian Studies I uses Copybook Cursive II, and these verses are straight out of the lesson for each week. Whenever the student completes Christian Studies II, Copybook Cursive III will be used. For CSIII, Copybook Cursive IV will be used.

Rereading that makes it sound very confusing. K-2 copybooks include verses not in the CS programs for grade, but they are all there on the list. MP3-5/6 use copybooks that include only verses from the CS I-III guides. CSIV is a review book unto itself that would use CSI-III verses. The lists on the front of the scripture memory verse flashcard list all the cards you need for that grade/book.

Leave a comment:

• idloveto
    started a topic Christian Studies Flashcards

Christian Studies Flashcards

Hello, yet another silly question! Sorry!

I am now going through the Christian Studies Memory Verse Flashcards and I noticed that it sorted out some cards for Copybook.... if Copybook Cursive is meant, I don't see that they line up... where/when are they used?

I think I am getting more exposure to this curriculum from going through flashcards than I ever could have expected.

Thanks again for any help you might provide.
Working...
X