MP- never let Dr. Sheffler leave!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP- never let Dr. Sheffler leave!!!

I posted this on Facebook and then thought I should share it here so MP staff can see it. Every session at the Sodalitas was amazing in its own way, but Dr. Sheffler’s plenary blew me away. I addressed my post to Rose Sheffler because she is a member of our group on fb, but just read it as addressed to MP too. I put this in this forum instead of the online academy because more people read this. So, here is my heartfelt reaction to his talk:
    Rose Sheffler please tell me your husband will be teaching Christian Latin again next year! Oh my word people- if you haven’t watched the Intro plenary for the Sodalitas conference (some virtual attendees missed it due to tech issues)- Do it tonight! If you didn’t attend the conference, buy the virtual access. It is worth it for Dan’s talk alone.
    Latin Orders Language is the talk. It’s really an apologetic for teaching Latin the MP way presented in a dynamic and loving way. Through the whole talk, I was thinking I needed to write quotes down and share them here, but really it all goes together and you need it all. Lots of history and grammar lessons intermingled with the apologetics.
    And that was all great, then he reached the concluding part of his speech. The passion! This man loves Latin, loves God, loves theology, loves history. He was talking about a collection of writings of the Church Fathers. This guy gets it. I want my son to get it! I want my son to see a man, a Christian man, on fire with love for learning theology. My son will be in Henle 2 next year so Christian Latin would be the year after. Dr. Sheffler will teach the brand new Christian Latin course with MPOA this year. He absolutely has to stay and teach it the next year. I desperately want my son in that class with that teacher. This is why we classically educate- Dr. Sheffler is obviously well classically educated. This is who I want to mentor my son. This is what I want my son to be. So Rose- you are not allowed to ever move on from MP. I’m only half joking….
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 26, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 24, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 22, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 20, Physics major
    DD, 17, dyslexic, 11th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 13, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 8A
    DD, 7 , 1ST Future astronaut, robot building space artist
Working...
X