Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Louise
    replied
    Ladies, thank you all for sharing! You are so helpful!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jessica Louise
    replied
    Mom2mthj You're right! It might be more practical to purchase replacements!

Leave a comment:

• enbateau
    replied
    Haha, I lost the ability to resell a $40 set of flashcards when my littlest spilled a cup of warm almond protein milk at the kitchen table between phonics lessons. Whatever that milk has it it could be used as glue, because within 10 seconds, 50% of the cards were so stuck together, they ripped the faces off each other. I might have cried...or muttered all manner of things under my breath. Anyway, now we have a rule that there are ZERO liquids of any kind allowed around flashcards. My kids know it, and I will dig out my ripped, warped, ugly mangle of flashcards to show them if they protest. We don't laminate around here, partly because the glare created can be a little annoying and it will double the thickness of what is already feet of flashcards in this house, and mostly because MP cards are quite durable.

I did laminate the Timeline cards for the wall. I know that they don't survive tape very well, and this solved that issue.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    momgineer I totally just made that up, but I love it too! Can you tell my oldest is a senior next year? I've started thinking like this lately. I know you know.

Leave a comment:

• momgineer
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    . I used to pinch pennies, but now I pinch time instead.
    This is my new favorite saying!

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    DiannaKennedy QoE. 😆

(I hope marketing gets this joke.)

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy
    replied
    Call me the Queen of Extra.😂

I don't do recitation, but I laminate the flashcards. Laminating has saved more than one set of my cards from an untimely death via coffee spill.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Another non-laminator here! I also just buy a new set if we lose enough between kids. I used to pinch pennies, but now I pinch time instead.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    Originally posted by Anita View Post
    Girl, no. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 😂 The flash cards do hold up really well. So it is truly not a necessity.
    Love it! Mary was the queen of laminating flash cards, but I never have. If it is relaxing to you to run paper through a laminator it won’t hurt, but it won’t help unless you have some really hard use planned for them. I would probably buy a replacement set before I started laminating. The flash cards are really sturdy and I like the rounded corner to keep them lined up. Loss is my biggest issue and laminating doesn’t keep them from walking away or ending up under a rug. I used to hole punch my old ones, but now I just use ziplocks so I can shuffle them around. Enjoy your time doing something else (and be happy they already come ready to go in a nice stack - they used to come in sheets that had to be punched apart).

Leave a comment:

• Anita
    replied
    Girl, no. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 😂 The flash cards do hold up really well. So it is truly not a necessity.

Leave a comment:

• HartFamily06
    replied
    I have four kiddos and haven’t laminated any of the cards. I just hole punch them and keep them on rings. So far they’ve held up really well.

Leave a comment:

• Jessica Louise
    started a topic To laminate, or not?

To laminate, or not?

I have only one student. Is it worth it to laminate the flash cards for third grade? I sure can. I just wanted to check before I actually did it, because there are quite a few.
Working...
X