Third Form Lesson 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Form Lesson 30

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered previously on the forum. I searched but didn't find it.

We're finishing 3rd Form and about to start 4th Form. I just purchased the newest 4th Form lesson plans that include Lessons 29-31 of 3rd Form. I see no mention of Lesson 30. Is this omitted entirely? I see that it introduces some new vocabulary -- just want to ensure I'm not missing something.

Thank you!
    DD 15 - MP 9

Lesson 30 should be done during Third Form, only 29 and 31 are put off. See this thread, starting with post #4. It may not be necessary to delay those lessons if you're doing them at home and you're not worried about running out of time like a classroom teacher: as I said in that thread, I just finished Third Form and didn't wait to do those 2 lessons. I didn't have the Third Form lesson plan - it doesn't mention Lesson 30?
    DS (16)
    DD (15)
    DS (7)

Comment

Lesson 30 isn't in the Third Form lesson plans - they state that 29-31 will be covered in the Fourth Form plans. The Fourth Form plans cover 29 and 31 but I don't see Lesson 30 anywhere. I'm guessing that the vocabulary isn't on any tests (like the final exams)?
      DD 15 - MP 9

Comment

It's weird that Lesson 30 isn't in the plan - maybe tanya will have the chance to clarify this.
        DS (16)
        DD (15)
        DS (7)

Comment

Every post I write today has an apology for a delayed response. We had some difficulties technologically that began last week when I was traveling, and they didn't get resolved until this week. And it means that I didn't get any forum post emails for days, so I'm having to search through the forum to find anything I should have answered and didn't! So, I'm sorry you have had to wait so long to hear from me!

I think you have an iteration of the lesson plans that is older than our current plans. It took us several years at HLS to figure out how to solve this problem of TFL being too big a beast to complete in a year. So there are several versions out there, and you have been unlucky enough to have the older version of the TFL plans and the newest edition of 4FL plans. Mrs. Bee is correct that currently, our TFL plans only leave out lessons 29 & 31. And those are completed in 4FL. So, my suggestion would be for you to combine TFL lessons 30-31 in Week 6b when lesson 30 is scheduled. Both of these lessons are on adverbs, so it will be a fine pairing. I wouldn't make your student do all the exercises though. Choose some from each lesson, maybe more from lesson 30 since lesson 31 is just irregular adverbs and not as important. Students will see all this stuff again in Henle 2. These irregular adjectives and adverbs are just being introduced here so that when they see them in Henle 2, they will look familiar. For the quizzes, maybe just have your student do the vocabulary and form drills. Then do an oral recitation for the conjugations. Or something like that!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X