Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melashar
    replied
    Reposting my question, as I think it got lost in the approval process.

In the latest Curriculum manual for 2nd Grade, under the very first assignment for math it says that the Memoria Math Review is "(Located in the Appendix of the Curriculum Manual)". The only math-related things in the appendix that I can find are Mathematics Enrichment, Add/Sub Families, Triplets, and the Hundreds Chart.

I was directed to this post as a way to answer my question, and perhaps it's the late hour, but I can't seem to find an answer to where the elusive Math Review might be found.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Melashar
    replied
    In the latest Curriculum manual for 2nd Grade, under the very first assignment for math it says that the Memoria Math Review is "(Located in the Appendix of the Curriculum Manual)". The only math-related things in the appendix that I can find are Mathematics Enrichment, Add/Sub Families, Triplets, and the Hundreds Chart.

I was directed to this post as a way to answer my question, and perhaps it's the late hour, but I can't seem to find an answer to where the elusive Math Review might be found.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ShawnaB
    replied
    Tanya, thank you for this helpful and timely information! I am just now in the process of preparing 1st grade materials for our *new* first grade teacher who will have 8 students as this level next year. I think you just saved me some time!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Shawna,

Rising 1st graders will need to complete Workbook 2 of 1st grade math just as we have always done. We have added a review week on Week 1 that we wrote ourselves, allowing us to drop the old review we used to do using Workbook 1 again. Then, we begin Workbook 2 on Week 2, which gives us the time to end the 1st grade year with Workbook 1 of the new 2nd grade math. Workbook 1 of 2nd grade has always been a review of 1st grade, so it is a nice end to the 1st grade year. Then, we start 2nd grade with a 3 week review of 1st grade, followed by Workbooks 2-4.

It's a nice plan once we make the transition, but this transition has been rough!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by ShawnaB View Post

For rising 1st graders who have just completed R&S 1 Book 1 as scheduled in the Guide, should they they start R&S 2 next year, instead of the 2nd half of Grade 1? And, is the 1st Grade guide also being re-published? Thanks!
    You would want the new 1st grade plans that will include the 1st book from R&S 2. Or, if you already have the "older" version, you could just use what you have. Then, for 2nd grade there are transition lesson plans that you can e-mail for. There are essentially two lesson plans. One has you just starting book 1 on week 1 and one has you doing book 1 in 5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ShawnaB
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    We are going to update the curriculum manual. We are feverishly working to get it to the printer this week.

Tanya
    For rising 1st graders who have just completed R&S 1 Book 1 as scheduled in the Guide, should they they start R&S 2 next year, instead of the 2nd half of Grade 1? And, is the 1st Grade guide also being re-published? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    We are going to update the curriculum manual. We are feverishly working to get it to the printer this week.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• MyLittleWonders
    replied
    Will the K curriculum manual be updated with the new additions - not only the math challenge workbook, but the K Morning Work and the Cut & Paste Book? Or will there be a PDF that schedules the new additions?

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Originally posted by Beorn View Post

I was just starting to scroll down to tag you pickandgrin for next year's planning, but you already saw the post.
    Thanks! Inquiry already sent to our schools rep! ✅

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up! I had no idea.
    I was just starting to scroll down to tag you pickandgrin for next year's planning, but you already saw the post.

Leave a comment:

• MegK1985
    replied
    Thank you Tanya! I just checked my account and haven’t received the downloads. I called yesterday and spoke to the office, and after talking through the changes it was collectively decided that my best course was to return what I had ordered for 1st & 2nd grade math in exchange for updated editions/additional books, since I have a 4yr old to follow and the older materials may not be available that far down the road.
    What I didn’t know is that I would need the Level 2 workbook 1 to go through in the summer with my upcoming 2nd grader, and I’m wondering if the 1st grader will be “behind”
    also with the new changes (is kindergarten math that we are finishing up changing as well?). Sounds like I might need to call the office again. So yes, clear as mud?, but as always I so appreciate the staff at MP. You guys are always so helpful and accommodating.
    Megan
    zoey/1st
    lacey/K
    Kiley/jr k (mostly hanging out while we work)

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Thank you for bringing this up! I had no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Ect876
    replied
    Oops, probably should have looked at the catalogue before ordering. Probably a Tanya question here.
    My #3 in kindergarten, we have done basic math here - he can count to 100, do basic addition, knows greater than, less than- but not used an actual curriculum. Planning to start with RS for first grade next year, I went ahead and ordered the 1st book for 1st grade thinking we'd work through some of the K math over the next few months (haha ordered yesterday). Would there be a better spot to start? Or with the new plan what will the kindergartners be doing?

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Sorry about my delayed response here. We have been hashing this out because the R&S change is not an easy one for us. Our teachers have used it this year, and they think it is much improved, so thank goodness for that! We have (over the course of the past few days) developed a plan we feel will work for most of our customers who are switching to 3rd ed. second grade math. Of course, the easiest thing to do is stick with 2nd ed., but I know lots of people want to make the switch, so here is the rather complicated options:

Thank you for ordering the Second Grade Curriculum Manual. We want to alert you to a change in our math schedule for second grade so you can adjust the curriculum manual accordingly to fit your needs.

We are transitioning our math lesson plans in the primary grades so that First Grade will cover Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book One, and Second Grade will start with Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book Two. As we make this transition, students moving from First to Second Grade this year will not have completed Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book One. If that is the case for your student, or if you are brand new to Memoria Press and starting in Second Grade, you have two options:

OPTION ONE: Use our Second Grade Math "Bridge Year" Lesson Plans instead of what is in your Second Grade Curriculum Manual. These plans will assume that you did not complete any Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math in first grade and will therefore complete all 4 workbooks in the second grade year.

OPTION TWO: Use our Second Grade Math "Summer Transition" Lesson Plans. This means you'll need to start math work 5 weeks prior to the normal start of your school year. Doing so will allow you to complete the first workbook in 8 weeks (5 weeks in the summer and the final 3 weeks take the place of the math review scheduled in your Curriculum Manual). Then you can begin using the math lesson plans found in the Curriculum Manual as they are printed, starting in Week 4.

Both of these options are found in a PDF titled "2nd Grade Math. Third Edition (2 Transition Plans)." This PDF is located in the "Downloads" section of your MemoriaPress.com account. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Clear as mud, eh?

Tanya
    I received the lesson plans today, Tanya, and it really is actually very clear! I'm so excited! My 2nd grader is way behind on math but in a perfect place to start book 2, NOW!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Sorry about my delayed response here. We have been hashing this out because the R&S change is not an easy one for us. Our teachers have used it this year, and they think it is much improved, so thank goodness for that! We have (over the course of the past few days) developed a plan we feel will work for most of our customers who are switching to 3rd ed. second grade math. Of course, the easiest thing to do is stick with 2nd ed., but I know lots of people want to make the switch, so here is the rather complicated options:

Thank you for ordering the Second Grade Curriculum Manual. We want to alert you to a change in our math schedule for second grade so you can adjust the curriculum manual accordingly to fit your needs.

We are transitioning our math lesson plans in the primary grades so that First Grade will cover Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book One, and Second Grade will start with Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book Two. As we make this transition, students moving from First to Second Grade this year will not have completed Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math Book One. If that is the case for your student, or if you are brand new to Memoria Press and starting in Second Grade, you have two options:

OPTION ONE: Use our Second Grade Math "Bridge Year" Lesson Plans instead of what is in your Second Grade Curriculum Manual. These plans will assume that you did not complete any Rod & Staff Grade 2 Math in first grade and will therefore complete all 4 workbooks in the second grade year.

OPTION TWO: Use our Second Grade Math "Summer Transition" Lesson Plans. This means you'll need to start math work 5 weeks prior to the normal start of your school year. Doing so will allow you to complete the first workbook in 8 weeks (5 weeks in the summer and the final 3 weeks take the place of the math review scheduled in your Curriculum Manual). Then you can begin using the math lesson plans found in the Curriculum Manual as they are printed, starting in Week 4.

Both of these options are found in a PDF titled "2nd Grade Math. Third Edition (2 Transition Plans)." This PDF is located in the "Downloads" section of your MemoriaPress.com account. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Clear as mud, eh?

Tanya

Leave a comment:

Working...
X