New additions to Math for K-2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    We are going to update the curriculum manual. We are feverishly working to get it to the printer this week.

Tanya
    For rising 1st graders who have just completed R&S 1 Book 1 as scheduled in the Guide, should they they start R&S 2 next year, instead of the 2nd half of Grade 1? And, is the 1st Grade guide also being re-published? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnaB View Post

For rising 1st graders who have just completed R&S 1 Book 1 as scheduled in the Guide, should they they start R&S 2 next year, instead of the 2nd half of Grade 1? And, is the 1st Grade guide also being re-published? Thanks!
      You would want the new 1st grade plans that will include the 1st book from R&S 2. Or, if you already have the "older" version, you could just use what you have. Then, for 2nd grade there are transition lesson plans that you can e-mail for. There are essentially two lesson plans. One has you just starting book 1 on week 1 and one has you doing book 1 in 5 weeks.
      Christine

(2021/2022)
      DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
      DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
      DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Comment

Shawna,

Rising 1st graders will need to complete Workbook 2 of 1st grade math just as we have always done. We have added a review week on Week 1 that we wrote ourselves, allowing us to drop the old review we used to do using Workbook 1 again. Then, we begin Workbook 2 on Week 2, which gives us the time to end the 1st grade year with Workbook 1 of the new 2nd grade math. Workbook 1 of 2nd grade has always been a review of 1st grade, so it is a nice end to the 1st grade year. Then, we start 2nd grade with a 3 week review of 1st grade, followed by Workbooks 2-4.

It's a nice plan once we make the transition, but this transition has been rough!

Tanya

Comment

Tanya, thank you for this helpful and timely information! I am just now in the process of preparing 1st grade materials for our *new* first grade teacher who will have 8 students as this level next year. I think you just saved me some time!

Comment

In the latest Curriculum manual for 2nd Grade, under the very first assignment for math it says that the Memoria Math Review is "(Located in the Appendix of the Curriculum Manual)". The only math-related things in the appendix that I can find are Mathematics Enrichment, Add/Sub Families, Triplets, and the Hundreds Chart.

I was directed to this post as a way to answer my question, and perhaps it's the late hour, but I can't seem to find an answer to where the elusive Math Review might be found.

Thanks!
            2021-2022:

DS - 2nd
            DD - K
            DD - toddler mini-tornado
            D? - Coming soon

Comment

Reposting my question, as I think it got lost in the approval process.

In the latest Curriculum manual for 2nd Grade, under the very first assignment for math it says that the Memoria Math Review is "(Located in the Appendix of the Curriculum Manual)". The only math-related things in the appendix that I can find are Mathematics Enrichment, Add/Sub Families, Triplets, and the Hundreds Chart.

I was directed to this post as a way to answer my question, and perhaps it's the late hour, but I can't seem to find an answer to where the elusive Math Review might be found.

Thanks!
              2021-2022:

DS - 2nd
              DD - K
              DD - toddler mini-tornado
              D? - Coming soon

Comment

Working...
              X