Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BearWallowSchool
    replied
    I liked the idea of writing the memory verse on an index card. I think I will stick with that. ?

Leave a comment:

• BearWallowSchool
    replied
    tanya Yes, I was planning on just buying the TM, using it for a reference and not buying everyone a book. That could get pricey and I’m not sure which kids would come and if they’d even show back up after the first class. I was feeling a burden for a few children in our neighborhood who may not be learning the Bible. I remembered Ms. Lowe’s article and thought this might be a good way to reach out.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Hello.

I have used it, but I quickly dropped the student guides. It was too much like school. So we used it as a discussion-based class. It was a huge success and parents were thrilled with what students learned. We read from the Golden Children's Bible and I used the teacher guide to help me lead the discussion. We also used the flashcards and played games with them. And we worked on memory verse memorization, but not nearly at the pace we take it at school. I had to really lower my expectations and take it at a slower pace because I learned quickly that this couldn't look like school! We used the program all the way through middle school so all students were getting the same experience. And it means you don't have to look at curriculum for a long time because it takes so long to get through the Bible!

I feel like we are letting our church kids down because we don't teach them the Bible any more. So this made me happy to see them learning the stories.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• BearWallowSchool
    started a topic Christian Studies for Sunday School

Christian Studies for Sunday School

Has anyone used the Christian Studies books to teach Sunday School? I'm thinking of starting a small class with my children and some neighbor children on Sunday afternoons. I remember reading an article written by Cheryl Lowe (linked below) that sparked the idea. I was wondering if anyone had actually tried this and might have any extra tips to share. This is new territory for me as I have no experience being a Sunday School teacher.
    Does the teacher need to be an entertainer? How does the teacher motivate and make learning engaging and satisfying for students?
    Last edited by BearWallowSchool; 03-15-2021, 01:30 PM.
Working...
X