Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chose LFF instead of LC and Do I have long days ahead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

Agreed. I even think that even for a fourth grader who's had LC, there's a significant jump in workload to FFL. My current third grader is giving me all kinds of angst in LC, and I know what looms in FFL. The maturity level helps SO much.
    I will find out about the potential 2 year plans for Simply Classic to be used with FFL. Hopefully it might help us, otherwise, I will consider switching the curriculum. Thank you!

Comment

KrisTom I just wanted to encourage you with a couple of things:

1) You can choose LC or FFL and your son will be just fine either way; one of my children did LC first, another started FFL at age 9, taking two weeks per lesson. She's now 10 and on Lesson 12. Slow and steady and she's doing amazing. My other child couldn't have done that. You know your child. Go with your gut.

2) The length of your school day is up to you. Decide what your end time needs to be and then stick to that — every day. Whatever isn't done gets picked up the next day.

HTH!
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS17: MP, MPOA, HSC
      DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC
      DS14: MP, MPOA
      DS12: Finishing SC 4 >> Moving on to mix of SC 5/6 & 7/8
      DD10: Finishing 3A >> Moving on to miix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD8: SC3
      DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
        KrisTom I just wanted to encourage you with a couple of things:

1) You can choose LC or FFL and your son will be just fine either way; one of my children did LC first, another started FFL at age 9, taking two weeks per lesson. She's now 10 and on Lesson 12. Slow and steady and she's doing amazing. My other child couldn't have done that. You know your child. Go with your gut.

2) The length of your school day is up to you. Decide what your end time needs to be and then stick to that — every day. Whatever isn't done gets picked up the next day.

HTH!
        Thank you very much for the encouragement. I figure the worst thing that can happen is we go on the two year plan, or best case scenario, we both pick it up faster and can move faster.

Comment

Working...
        X