First Form latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Form latin

From the sample pages I see, verbs are taught without the principal parts. Since starting Henle last year and having a tough time getting the students to memorize the principal parts after using LC I and II, I would like to know why FFL doesn't just start off having the students memorize principal parts. I know they won't quite understand just yet what they are for, but my thinking is that it will make it easier in the long run.

Of course, I don't have as much Latin experience as you do. Can you share your opinion on thhis matter?

Thank you.
    Annabelle

Hello, Annabelle.

First Form does teach the principal parts of verbs. The first unit introduces verbs of the first conjugation and the three tenses in the present system. Then, principal parts are introduced in preparation for finding the stem in the perfect system. This eases into verbs and works well in the classroom where we have been teaching First Form for several years now.

If you would like to see the table of contents for First Form, I can email it to you. Just send me your email address.

Thanks,

Tanya
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X