Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I order: any updates in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stoker
    replied
    Thank you- will keep an eye out for it!

Leave a comment:

• Jessica.O
    replied
    Originally posted by stoker View Post

This Guerber outline sounds wpnderful! Where can I find it? I don't see it it the store, but maybe I'm not searching in the right places...
    This was delayed and will definitely be in the Winter 2022 catalog (comes out in January). It possibly may be available a bit earlier.

Thanks,
    Jessica

Leave a comment:

• stoker
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Hello.

For 7th grade, we are adding a new American history outline that one of our teachers wrote. We thought it would be nice for the 7th grader reading Guerber to have an outline to fill in as he/she reads. It's a gentle introduction to note-taking - modeling how you discern the important information as you read. This is going to the printer soon, so it will be available this spring. And we have added Horatius quizzes, but those are available as a download now when you get Horatius, so the only change is that there will now be a student guide and a teacher guide for Horatius. This hasn't gone to the printer, but it will soon. I think the quizzes are already a download with the 7th grade package though, so you will get all the information, even though you may get the 1st ed. book.

I don't see any changes for 8th grade.

Tanya

This Guerber outline sounds wpnderful! Where can I find it? I don't see it it the store, but maybe I'm not searching in the right places...

Leave a comment:

• ChadC
    replied
    I've got a similar query too. Updates if any?

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    I think it's been talked about before, but is it possible to have an Updates page on the website or here on the forum? I can see how sharing planned updates could get messy, but maybe when things are sent to print, they can be added to the Updates section so we know what's coming?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Enigma,

The only change we made to JK was a new edition of Numbers and Colors that rearranges the order in which we teach the colors (something our teachers wanted) and the addition of #13-15. Currently those numbers are included in the curriculum manual. Neither of these changes is to content; just cleaning things up a little!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Mamasita,

SFL now has the required parsing that we put in the new edition of FFL. The workbook has fewer exercises, but students are required to do more with them, so the workload is the same. The content did not change, so the text and flashcards and cd/dvd are all the same. The only change is to the workbook, which affects the teacher key and quizzes.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Mamasita
    replied
    May I ask what the updates to SFL will be?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    I'm attaching the last newsletter I got from R&S about it. The changes aren't drastic, so you will be fine either way. Our teachers do like the new edition though, so that's good news!

Tanya

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210111_152216389.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	126683
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    tanya I found an older post where you shared some general information R&S had shared about the new edition. Do you have more specifics now? I’m trying to decide if I should switch for my SC student who will be starting Math 2 sometime this year.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Christine,

SFL is being updated, and we are gradually getting the books in, so that change will take place at some point this spring, I believe. We do have new Abigail Fable DVDs, but we ran into a slight problem that we are working on correcting, so I'm not sure of the timeline on those. I'm hoping to have them this spring.

Second grade math lesson plans are completely changing with the new revision. We are starting with a 3-week review that we wrote, and then moving into the math books. It's going to be a totally different animal. We are getting ready to place our order for the 3rd ed. books, and as soon as we get them all in stock, we will begin selling it alongside the 2nd ed. for a little while as we make the transition.

I am really hoping to have TS3 by summer! We are getting very good feedback from our teachers, so we won't send it to the printer until the end of May. We will teach through it an entire year first. But we are making the corrections/changes as we go, so I'm hoping to have it in-house by August. And we have made a start on TS4, but it isn't going as quickly as we would like!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Hello.

For 7th grade, we are adding a new American history outline that one of our teachers wrote. We thought it would be nice for the 7th grader reading Guerber to have an outline to fill in as he/she reads. It's a gentle introduction to note-taking - modeling how you discern the important information as you read. This is going to the printer soon, so it will be available this spring. And we have added Horatius quizzes, but those are available as a download now when you get Horatius, so the only change is that there will now be a student guide and a teacher guide for Horatius. This hasn't gone to the printer, but it will soon. I think the quizzes are already a download with the 7th grade package though, so you will get all the information, even though you may get the 1st ed. book.

I don't see any changes for 8th grade.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the morning math! . Also, I feel like since Sodalitas I have read in various places here on the forum that Second Form was being updated to include the parsing, like in FFL? Will that be ready before the new school year? (or did I dream that? LOL). I also feel like I saw that new DVDs for Classical Comp with Abigail were coming sometime soon?

1st grade - I thought I remember from Sodalitas that along with the new "morning math" 1st grade was going to include the first unit of R&S 2? Will that still be the case with the new R&S released? (FYI I ordered the "new" 2nd grade math directly from R&S. I have my last child doing it and I'm glad I changed to the "new" version even though only 1 child will use it).

2nd grade - a new version of R&S 2 math - will that be ready to order on the website anytime soon?

3rd grade - I spied the new "Ludere Latin" now called Latina Christiana: Games and Puzzles https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...ludere-latine/
    Also, will TS3 possibly be ready for 3rd grade for the fall? Are you going level by level, so after 3, 4?

Leave a comment:

• Meadowlark
    replied
    Tanya,
    Any changes/updates in 7th-8th?
    Or Latin?

thx

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied
    Here is the rest of Tanya's reply on K-6 updates (I had cross posted to the SC forum with some update questions for those cores so she answered all my questions in one place ):

Nothing has changed for K or 4A that you will notice. We did update 4A for the new edition of FFL, but the books match the lesson plans. For 1st, we did add the Christmas lessons to the back of the StoryTime student guide and removed them from the curriculum manual, but again, that shouldn't affect you. I don't see any changes in K-6th that would cause trouble.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X