Free Audiobook Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Audiobook Resource

I just found a free audiobook resource! It's intended !for those with learning or print disabilities. I found King Arthur and Lassie Come Home on there. I haven't actually used it yet but just set up my account. I'm planning to use it for my Dyslexic kiddo. Just sharing in case anyone else can use it.

https://play.calibreaudio.org.uk
    8th grade, 6th grade and Kinder using a mix of MP and other resources

YES! I found it the other day while I was researching In This House of Brede. I set up an account, but haven't seen any confirmation come through.
    Plans for 2020-21

Year 10 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 25 - Small Business owner with a STOREFRONT
    DD2 - 14 - 9th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA - equestrian
    DS3 - 12 - 5A Cottage School - soccer
    DS4 - 12 - 5A Cottage School -soccer
    DD5 - 8 - 3A, Cottage School -equestrian and Irish dance
    DS6 - 6 - MP K - home with Momma

Comment

You may want to try again as I think they emailed me back the same day. I can't get the app they recommend to work but I can login on my phone and listen that way.
      8th grade, 6th grade and Kinder using a mix of MP and other resources

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
        YES! I found it the other day while I was researching In This House of Brede. I set up an account, but haven't seen any confirmation come through.
        Are you doing Well Read Mom too? I was just looking for audio for that book, I have heard it's slow going. I am going to check out this resource!
        ~Michelle

DD 12 (MP 7)
        DS 9 (Gap Year)
        DS 4 - Preschool
        DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post

Are you doing Well Read Mom too? I was just looking for audio for that book, I have heard it's slow going. I am going to check out this resource!
          I AM doing WRM! Book Club tonight for To Kill a Mockingbird. I feel like such a grown up!

Well, I don't know who told you Brede was slow going. I actually started it early, because I was worried about the size.

I FINISHED IT IN FOUR DAYS. I'll read it again before our meeting, but I thought it was incredible. I want a sequel.
          Plans for 2020-21

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

I AM doing WRM! Book Club tonight for To Kill a Mockingbird. I feel like such a grown up!

Well, I don't know who told you Brede was slow going. I actually started it early, because I was worried about the size.

I FINISHED IT IN FOUR DAYS. I'll read it again before our meeting, but I thought it was incredible. I want a sequel.
            Eeek! I am so glad to hear that!!! I need to start it today then. We don't have our January meeting until next Friday, we meet later in the month than many other groups I know of, which means I have more time. I think I was put off by all of their posts on FB about needing help to get into next months book. I am glad to hear it may not be the case!
            ~Michelle

DD 12 (MP 7)
            DS 9 (Gap Year)
            DS 4 - Preschool
            DD 2 - Board Books and Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post

Eeek! I am so glad to hear that!!! I need to start it today then. We don't have our January meeting until next Friday, we meet later in the month than many other groups I know of, which means I have more time. I think I was put off by all of their posts on FB about needing help to get into next months book. I am glad to hear it may not be the case!
              I thought it was FASCINATING. If you've heard the podcast recording from the girl who introduces the next reading, I would follow her advice. Start with the Appendix/index first. And I had to stop a lot along the way to look up the different sisters' positions. I read the foreword and I don't recall any spoilers, at least not that ruined the book, but in the podcast, they suggest that you leave that until the end.

And maybe I loved it because I'm in a Dominican parish, so religious life/religious order isn't foreign?
              Plans for 2020-21

Comment

Working...
              X