Help with Audio options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Audio options

Do you know of any audible options I can find for Robin Hood and King Arthur that are the MP version? Its too much for my dyslexic girl. HELP

DiannaKennedy
    DiannaKennedy looked into this a lot. Tagging her here.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
    DS18: Almost done!
    DS17: MP, MPOA
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD9: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Comment

I honestly have been searching for these for ONE YEAR. (Not even kidding)

There ARE audiobook versions available of the Roger Lancelyn Green novels, but they're generally only available in the UK.

I was able to find King Arthur on ---- wait for it ---- CASSETTE TAPE. Robin Hood was a loss for me.

HOWEVER -- Both novels are on Learning Ally. Classic Audio means that it's simply a recording, while Voice Text means it's a recording, but with highlighted text that you can follow along with.

I've TRIED my best to like Learning Ally, but honestly, I find it a pain in the butt to navigate. Since we're slated to start Robin Hood in a few weeks, I'm going to have to hold my nose and dive in again.

You'll need documentation of your child's disability (like documentation of testing, etc), and a year's membership is about $135. There's a discount code over on their Facebook page. (CYBER50) You used to be able to buy a membership through Homeschool Buyer's Co-op, but that site has been having some major issues, so I can't recommend that route.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Middle Ages .jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	126306
      DiannaKennedy
      Last edited by DiannaKennedy; 12-03-2020, 04:37 PM.
      Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
      DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
      DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
      DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Internet archive has some options: Books for People with Print Disabilities : Free Books : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive
        They do seem to have both books available in audio for print disability. I hope you find an option. These were some of our favorite MP books.

Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my first cup of tea is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

2021-2022

DD (16) Appling to college. Mostly DE with a little MP to finish up homeschooling.

"School Administrator" to Bonus Kid (9): MP 3A

Comment

King Arthur: roger green king arthur - search | Open Library
          Robin Hood: The adventures of Robin Hood (1994 edition) | Open Library
          Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my first cup of tea is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

2021-2022

DD (16) Appling to college. Mostly DE with a little MP to finish up homeschooling.

"School Administrator" to Bonus Kid (9): MP 3A

Comment

Working...
          X