X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spelling

Any word on Traditional Spelling III
    being released?

TS III is being beta tested this year at HLS. As long as there are no issues this year, we plan to release sometime after Memorial Day.

Comment

For those who are ordering this month (free shipping!), should we remove Spelling Workout D from the Third Grade Core package and then order TS III later this summer when it's available? Will the third grade CM be updated with new spelling lesson plans?
      DS, 11 (MP 7M)
      DD, 8 (MP 3M)
      DD, 5 (MP K)
      DS, almost 1! (chewing on books and knocking stuff over)

Comment

Shauna,

It is fine to remove SW D from your 3rd grade package. When you place your order this summer for TS3, just tell them you bought the 3rd grade package in Feb., and they will give you the package discount on it. And we will be glad to send you the digital lesson plans for TS3 at no charge when you purchase the books.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you, tanya!
          DS, 11 (MP 7M)
          DD, 8 (MP 3M)
          DD, 5 (MP K)
          DS, almost 1! (chewing on books and knocking stuff over)

Comment

Do you all have a sample list of the last week's words to see if it would be worth taking an older student down to TSIII? Also, have you all settled on 15 or 20 words per week?
            Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
            Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
            SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

I'm attaching Lesson 24 as a sample for you. This is what our 3rd graders did this week.

Tanya

TSIII Sample Lesson 24.pdf

Comment

pickandgrin - here's the post about TSIII
                Christine

(2021/2022)
                DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
                DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
                DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
                DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
                DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
                DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Comment

Wow, thanks, tanya

It looks so great! I'm on the fence about backing down a 5th grader to TSIII, but the week you showed us looks a lot like what we're doing in 4A. At least I can make up my mind during teacher training and decide then.
                  Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
                  Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
                  SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Seeing that, I am thinking I will back mine up to it. She will be in 4th next year, but it will be worth it. That looks SO good!

AMDG,
                    Sarah
                    2020-2021
                    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                    DS, 17
                    DD, 15
                    DD, 13
                    DD, 11
                    DD, 9
                    DD, 7
                    +DS+
                    DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
                      Seeing that, I am thinking I will back mine up to it. She will be in 4th next year, but it will be worth it. That looks SO good!

AMDG,
                      Sarah
                      99% I'm doing the same. I'm in no rush, and we love TS!
                      Festina lentē,
                      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                      12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
                      10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
                      7th • HLN & Home
                      4th • HLN & Home
                      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

I’m sure on board for this, I’d love T.S. the whole way!
                        Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020/-2021 · Homeschooling since 2011.
                        Trekking along at a student self-pace...
                        DD Summer 2009 · 5th/6th + BS3&4
                        DD Summer 2011 · SC4/SC5*6 + BS3&4
                        DS Summer 2014 · K/SC2 + SL P + K
                        DD Summer 2017 · Pre + SL T
                        DS Autumn 2019 • Baby

Memoria Scholé Academy
                        Blog: Creative Madness Mama
                        @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
                          TS III is being beta tested this year at HLS. As long as there are no issues this year, we plan to release sometime after Memorial Day.
                          Spelling didn't go well this year for us in 3rd grade. I do not care for Spelling Workout so we tried something else but it did not work either. My daughter enjoyed TS II and I am thinking of putting her in TS III this fall for 4th grade if there will be a TS IV for her to do the following year (2022-2023), but I don't want to be looking for another program for 5th grade if TS will end with level three or if another level will not be ready by then. What are the plans for more levels beyond level three?
                          Julie S.
                          6th year using MP/ 20th year homeschooling (2021-2022)
                          DD 26- married , DS 24 - working in IT gettin married 10/9, DD 23- married with 3 littles, DS 21- working in church ministries, DD 19 Nazarene Bible College,
                          DD 17 - 12th grade a mix of MP materials
                          DS 16 - 11th grade -MPOA, VB, and a mix of MP materials
                          DD 13 - 8th grade - 8M core with VB,
                          DS 11 - 6th grade (with dyslexia & dysgraphia) -mix of MP + AAS with VB
                          DD 9 - 4th grade -mix of 4A & 4M core with VB

Comment

Julie,

I can't make any promises that we will have TSIV in the fall a year from now, but that is our intention! I will know more by the beginning of August after we have had a couple of months to work on it. Feel free to reach back out then if you can wait to make your final decision. Or you could add TS IV to your prayer list, trust that we will get it done, and go forward with TSIII. But I'm going on record as having made no promises, just encouraged prayer for spelling!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                              Julie,

I can't make any promises that we will have TSIV in the fall a year from now, but that is our intention! I will know more by the beginning of August after we have had a couple of months to work on it. Feel free to reach back out then if you can wait to make your final decision. Or you could add TS IV to your prayer list, trust that we will get it done, and go forward with TSIII. But I'm going on record as having made no promises, just encouraged prayer for spelling!

Tanya
                              Thank you, Tanya! We will pray that all goes well and TS IV is ready when we need it. I am happy to be going back to TS.
                              Julie
                              Julie S.
                              6th year using MP/ 20th year homeschooling (2021-2022)
                              DD 26- married , DS 24 - working in IT gettin married 10/9, DD 23- married with 3 littles, DS 21- working in church ministries, DD 19 Nazarene Bible College,
                              DD 17 - 12th grade a mix of MP materials
                              DS 16 - 11th grade -MPOA, VB, and a mix of MP materials
                              DD 13 - 8th grade - 8M core with VB,
                              DS 11 - 6th grade (with dyslexia & dysgraphia) -mix of MP + AAS with VB
                              DD 9 - 4th grade -mix of 4A & 4M core with VB

Comment

Working...
                              X