Mammals and Zoology question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mammals and Zoology question

My daughter is in second grade and I plan to put her into accelerated third grade next year. Although I have the book Mammals, we will be skipping it next year. Is there anything that we should do THIS year, other than cover 2nd grade enrichment? Does it matter if we only cover second grade science material? My child loves science, but she has never been interested in animals. She prefers human anatomy, so she understands a lot of basics that are covered in zoology. She can't identify very many animals, and does not know much about the kingdoms. I'd appreciate any advise here, because this is an autistic child- I don't want to fight with her about this if it doesn't matter. Thank you!

Enigma That is a great help! Thank you!!!

Comment

Agreeing with Enigma, doing the material within the Enrichment program is plenty of science for a 2nd grader. No need to try to cover the mammals study at this time. I will mention the Patterns of Nature program used within the 2nd grade enrichment is a nice addition and great expository reading practice!
      Last edited by Michelle T; 10-22-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Michelle T Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X